Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Need phone unlocked but lost the Kudo SIM card and am abroad so cannot go into the store

I am having troubles unlocking my phone and would like some help. The phone is an iPhone 4 and ended its contract with kudo 2 years ago. It was supposed to be unlocked but it never was when I got a new phone. I also lost the old SIM card so I cannot unlock it that way. I am also currently abroad and unable to go into a store. Is there any way I can unlock it here? I need it unlocked so I can use a local SIM card that I bought. Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you don't have an account with Koodo, they cannot unlock it for you. If you do, you'll need to call in. No SIM card needed. If you don't, I recommend using daxgsm.com.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What do you mean it was supposed to be unlocked when you got a new phone, did you call and request an unlock of that device and pay for it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
May I suggest a local repair center to unlock it for you if your desperate although they tend to be a lot more expensive than daxgsm.com. Also they do not need an old SIM to unlock it.