Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Need help with unlocking!

Userlevel 3
Just a heads up! We're unable to retrieve an unlock code or programming instructions for your Koodo phone. Your account has not been charged an Unlock Fee. If you have questions, please call Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or *611 from your Koodo phone. This is the message I get when I start the process of getting my iPhone 6 unlocked so I can sell it quicker. Of course Koodo isn't opened right now but i'm curious as to what this means! I'm a stand up customer,haven't had a late payment ever and have had the same plan since day one! I recently purchased the Galaxy s6 but was told all I had to do was insert my sim card into the iphone 6,sign in to my koodo account and request the unlock code.But the message above is all that happens! I unlocked my 5s over a year ago this way and it worked flawlessly! Any suggestions besides call when customer service is opened! Thanks!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can't unlock iPhones online, you have to call in when they are open.
Userlevel 3
I think I may have just found my answer and I hope I am wrong because if the answer I found is correct then Koodo did me some serious injustice here! I specifically asked the rep If I should get my iPhone 6 unlocked BEFORE I got my new Galaxy S6.(for re-sale purposes) Her flatout response was NO...it can be done later with Apple at the same fee we charge (Koodo). Like I said in the previous message above,I have been a great customer,no late payments... I got the new Galaxy on a medium tab this time instead of paying outright. That's the first strike because you can't unlock if you have a negative tab. Second strike is that my account needs to be active and in good standing for 3 months...does this mean when I got the new Galaxy S6 or overall good standing,cause I've been in good standing since day one with Koodo? There is no outstanding balance from a previous tab either because that was paid off a week or so before I decided to get the new Galaxy s6! I should have went with my gut insinct on this one...I thought she may have been wrong but believed her because she's the Koodo Rep and knows better!! RIGHT?? Any one have anything to add to this please do!!! Thanks!
Userlevel 3
You most definitely can unlock your iPhone online with your Koodo Account Paul...I did it with my iPhone 5s last year!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gerry Hanlon wrote:

You most definitely can unlock your iPhone online with your Koodo Account Paul...I did it with my...

No you need to call it can't be done online
Userlevel 3
Gerry Hanlon wrote:

You most definitely can unlock your iPhone online with your Koodo Account Paul...I did it with my...

If you sign into your account and click on the "MOBILE PHONE" underneath you'll see lost/stolen phone,track repairs,change phone,etc....along with "unlock phone"...click on that and you unlock it from there!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gerry Hanlon wrote:

Yes that's true for Android phones but for iPhones you have to call customer service unfortunately because of the different process that needs to be done to unlock iPhones.
Userlevel 3
Gerry Hanlon wrote:

Paul!! I don't know why you continue to argue with me over this? I had iPhones for years and years with Koodo. I unlocked my iPhone 5s last year with my Koodo Account! All they did after I did the online process was sent me a message saying that I had to wait about 30-60 mins,hook up my phone to iTunes and would be prompted from Apple to use the following steps to unlock my iPhone!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gerry Hanlon wrote:

Then your experience was an anomaly. I've had Koodo unlock around 5-6 different iPhones over the past year or two (5, 5S, 6), and I was not able to do it online. I had to call in.
Userlevel 6
Gerry Hanlon wrote:

Maybe Gerry unlocked his iPhone online just not through koodo. 🙂
Userlevel 4
I believe you have to wait 3 months before you can unlock a Locked iPhone, that may be the issue. Have you had the IPhone 6 for 3 months?
Userlevel 3
In the end I did have to call Koodo but I did unlock my iPhone 5s through self serve over a year ago!(that being said...I don't remember if I had to call Koodo after I did the initial steps through self serve back then) I'm remembering some kind of prompt after it was complete telling me to wait 45-60 mins and then sync my iPhone to iTunes and i'd get a "congratulations your iPhone is now unlocked" So Ivan,it must have been an anomaly lol