Koodo Community

Community

Solved

NAT Type

When tethering with data, Is there a way to change the NAT Type from 3 to 2 or 1? I'm not able to talk to some friends in parties during gaming or other activities.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think you have much more information then us. What is a NAT?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Its mainly used in consoles and changed by changing and tweaking settings in a home router. As far as i know this cannot be done from a cellphone as gaming from a console thru a phone tether is rare. https://support.activision.com/articl...
Userlevel 7
I think you'll find this will use a ton of data. Are you unable to use a home/business internet solution?
Jonathan I wrote:

I think you'll find this will use a ton of data. Are you unable to use a home/business internet s...

Yeah, our wifi in the building is down and we're moving in two months to a new place. Its not as bad if you dont play as much. As long as im not downloading updates or games, then im ok.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

I think you'll find this will use a ton of data. Are you unable to use a home/business internet s...

You will use a TON of data very quickly. There is stories of people doing this to play call of duty and getting a couple thousand dollar Data bill in one night. Be careful
Jonathan I wrote:

Jfc thats madness. I'll be careful for sure. So far i've been ok as long as i turn of tethering when done, turn off auto downloads, and manage online play, i'm ok!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Good luck sir! report back if you get a crazy bill please. lol