Koodo Community

Name display feature doesn't work !

Show first post

45 replies

Ali,
Just to confirm, you saw the number and not the name? Have you checked if the contact lis...
My home phone displays the name now.
Ali,
Just to confirm, you saw the number and not the name? Have you checked if the contact lis...
They fixed it.
Ali,
My cellphone name display is not fixed yet.
Ali,
Well I'm happy for you!  They told me there's nothing they can do as they don't have that feature even after I told them I had it for about 5 months??!!  Was I being too nice to them because I would REALLY love to have it back....  How did you manage to make them believe it???  Tell me as I'll try again if it would help!
Ali,
Call this tech and tell her that you are not getting the name display 647461xxxx (deleted for privacy issue)
Ali,
She is the tech for Koodo and Telus
Ali,
It is so unfortunate that some of the techs don't even know about this feature. It seems they are all not trained properly , at least on this issue. They intially told me the same thing too. I had to call 2 -3 times before I got someone who knew about this issue.
Ali,
She fixed my cellphone too. Call her she will fix it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ali,
@Naren: Please, don't post personal number of Koodo employees or anyone else  here. Customers are supposed to follow the formal channel.

I edited the number.[b]
Ali,

Dinh I think it is sad that one has to call so many times to get an issue fixed...  I have been really impressed with Koodo up until now but this has definitely been a big disappointment to me. 
Ali,
Didn't think it was personal. Thought it was just a regular contact number for the Tech.
Ali,
Thanks good to know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ali,
@Saleda: I believe you posted Koodo said they didn't have that feature. Please don't post a personal number of someone else.
Ali,

They say they don't have it but I had it with Koodo for 5 months so they must have it!!  I'm going to keep trying and maybe I just have to put a little more pressure on now that I know it is possible.
Ali,

Thanks Naren for all your help!  I will keep trying but if I can't get thru to anyone I will try that number you gave me!
Userlevel 2
I had this problem with my mother-in-laws phone.  She has an older model iPhone.  I downloaded all her personal info from the phone (pictures, contacts etc) then re-set her phone to original factory settings.  Then I updated her software which had to be done through Apple iTunes on my laptop, it wouldn't work on her phone.  Then I reloaded her contacts but not the pictures as she was previously using too much storage.  After this process the name display was working again.  Just be advised it was a lot of work because I had to re-download her apps too.  I found the instructions for doing this on the Apple 'help' webpage.
I switched from Rogers to Koodo on 2 phones , I have IPhones Se.

Name display not working, looks like Koodo not providing this feature, if continue I have to switch .