Koodo Community

Name display feature doesn't work !

from 3 days ago , my name display feature doesn't work ! I can only C the incoming number and no name ! please help me to resolve the issue . my cell phone is iPhone 6S . My wife has the same service and hers works fine. Thanks in advance

45 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Has it ever worked on your phone?
Badge +4
As per the link below there are a few instances where it wont display properly. Check the link out to see if they apply to you. If they dont you will need to contact Koodo to see why its not working for you.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/call-display
Has it ever worked on your phone?yes, It was working fine till 3 days ago !
As per the link below there are a few instances where it wont display properly. Check the link ou...i m going to check the link, thanks anyway.
As per the link below there are a few instances where it wont display properly. Check the link ou...Just checked and it said that CALL DISPLAY+ is active on Koodo platform , why none their tech support knows about it !!
Has it ever worked on your phone?I have the same issue for my Koodo home phone and cell phone. Talked to the tech and they're investigating. Call the tech.
Badge +4
As per the link below there are a few instances where it wont display properly. Check the link ou...It also depends on if the persons carrier who calls you is sending out their name. If the other carrier doesnt you wont see it on your phone. 

1. If you’ve got a compatible phone and the callers’ network sends out their name then your phone will be able to display both the caller’s number and name on all incoming calls including Call Waiting calls.
The caller does not have to be in your contacts to show up. If their carrier sends out their name it should show on your phone.

"Call Display+
Call Display+ shows you the name and number of people who have called you, even if they’re not in your contacts."

I dont know why tech support would tell you they dont have it.
Has it ever worked on your phone?I think it is only for some phones not all
Has it ever worked on your phone?Is it fixed by Tech Dep. ?
Has it ever worked on your phone?No they have created a ticket to solve in 72 hours. I would say you call the tech and create a new ticket. Also mention it is happening to other people as well. That's the only way it will get resolved. BTW, not all tech knows about call display, it is probably due to koodo,'s lack of training. I had to show the call display website page to get further. Also waited about an hour to get the tech.
Has it ever worked on your phone?Waiting for them to call me and hopefully resolve the issue as I really need this feature.
Has it ever worked on your phone?I need it for both of my phones. Tell them you want this to get fixed right away. I didn't know anybody else had this problem until I saw your post. They told me it was just me.
Has it ever worked on your phone?I have already called them and they gonna check and call me back.
I'll keep U posted.
Has it ever worked on your phone?K pls do, They still haven't fixed mine, I just checked my display. So frustrated. Need the name display so bad.
Has it ever worked on your phone?Hi Guys
someone from Tech Dep. of Telus/Koodo called me and rectified the issue.
Just wanted to let you know this feature is available on Koodo system and it should work on all type of phones.
Thanks for all comments and advises.
Appreciated.
Ali
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ali,
Just to confirm, you saw the number and not the name? Have you checked if the contact list was updated or missing? Have you updated/changed your Google/apple account contact recently?
Ali,
Just to confirm, you saw the number and not the name? Have you checked if the contact lis...
no change at all
It's really strange ! It was working great till 3 days ago
i just received a call from Koodo Tech and they told me Koodo has not that name display platform !!  My wife cell phone is with Koodo as well and her cell phone shows all the incoming calls and the name of the caller if it has been assigned !
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ali,
Just to confirm, you saw the number and not the name? Have you checked if the contact lis...
Ali,
Are you on a postpaid or prepaid plan? Koodo can display the "name id" if the caller had it. Otherwise, it would show the number of the caller.  The receiver need to have the name in their contact list to show the proper name with the incoming number.

I would check again your contact list, and app. It might be a glitch somewhere there. Also, try to restart the phone (if you haven't).
Ali,
No, I m with koodo more than 5 years.
I just tested from 6474764243 and it didn't show me the Name.
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ali,
Ali what's your wife's phone?  Some Android phones (mostly newer Samsung devices, I believe) have this feature baked into the phone app.  Basically they only receive the number, but they attempt to look up the name online on the fly and show you the name if it's available.
Ali,
Her Cell phone is Samsung S8+ but as i mentioned before I had this service till 3 days ago. My Cell phone is iPhone 6S.
Ali,
sorry to see I'm not only one with this problem but mine is on home phone.  Worked just fine until not long ago??  Do I have to call someone??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ali,
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/home-phone-name-display-not-working?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bpage%5D=1#reply_19732240
Ali,
Call them, they still have not fixed mine yet. They are working on it.
Ali,

Thanks Naren!  I will try and get thru to them!