Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My texts won't send if I am away from wifi, but my plan includes unlimited texting and, I have paid for it. How can i fix this?

Recently I bought a iPhone from Koodo but the text will not send unless i am conected to wifi the phone works but not the text i have a prepaid plan the includes unlimited text

7 replies

Userlevel 4
That would be iMessage that is causing this. This has nothing to do with Koodo's text service. Go to SETTINGS > MESSAGES > turn iMessage off. You can also look for the setting there that has something that states "sned as SMS when iMessage is unavailable." Turn that on.
i don't find anything that  states "sned as SMS when iMessage is unavailable."

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Angela Bushey wrote:

Should be in Settings > Messages, about halfway down the screen.
Angela Bushey wrote:

its not
Angela Bushey wrote:

and also, i  have been on the phone with koodo a couple of times to fix this problem - why is it that i never had this problem with texting and having to turn imessage off when not connected to the internet (when i am on the road/out of office) and turn it back on when i am back in wifi zone?  This doesn't make sense to me - i shouldn't have to do manually do this and then turn my phone off and back on to reset.  Why did this never happen with other providers?  
Angela Bushey wrote:

the latest problem relating to texting is that i have a friend who also owns an iphone and when i was out yesterday i texted her with the imessage on and i received a prompt that stated something like "cannot send text. Messaging needs to be enabled to use texting..."  So i turned it off and on and tried both, reset my phone, waited till i got back into office and connected to my wifi, and then tried again and it did the same thing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Angela Bushey wrote:

How about sharing a few screen shots?

I take it you do not have a data plan? If you have had iMessage conversations with that iPhone using friend, it will want to continue to use iMessage. You would need to cancel and delete conversations with that friend, and start anew.