Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My SIM card is locked

19 replies

Userlevel 3
You need a PUK code. You have to call for that.
Userlevel 4
EmilX is right. You will need to call to get the code to unlock it. Unless you pin locked it your self than you need to enter your password that u set it to be. (I know some phones allow this)
Userlevel 7
Melissa wrote:

EmilX is right. You will need to call to get the code to unlock it. Unless you pin locked it your...

Some phones do but Koodo Sims have a puk code preassigned so there's no choice but to call in.
Userlevel 4
Melissa wrote:

EmilX is right. You will need to call to get the code to unlock it. Unless you pin locked it your...

lol thanks chad
Melissa wrote:

damn....  I put a lock on mine, went to use my phone and it said get the PUK from the user manual.  It isn't in the manual and Koodo is closed for the next 12 hours.
Userlevel 7
Melissa wrote:

Yeah you'll have to wait until the morning to get the PUK code. Save the code in case you need it again in the future so you don't have to call in.
Melissa wrote:

How my phone won't allow me to call
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa wrote:

Then call from a different phone.
Melissa wrote:

Yeah i mestup i had to much trys and now it's my phone is permerntly locked
Melissa wrote:

I followed Ahmad's advice on another forum to keep trying until it gives the option to reset your password through your Gmail account. Now I have no access to my phone whatsoever. I now have a perm locked sim card and don't know how to unlock it. I hope I haven't lost all my information, such as pictures of my baby.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa wrote:

What code did you lose exactly, Amy? At what point are you asked for your password?
Userlevel 7
Melissa wrote:

That's just for getting locked out of your phones password request. If it's asking for the puk code and you enter the wrong one it will indeed lock the sim. Unfortunately you'll need to get a new sim now. In the future if you're asked for your PUK code , send a message to Koodo via Twitter or Facebook direct message and they'll validate your account and provide you the code.
Melissa wrote:

Oh that sucks ! Does this mean that I have lost everything on my phone and sim card? Is there a way I can transferr everything from my old one to a new one? Hopefully I don't need a new number now too. Thanks for your responses.
Melissa wrote:

Yes it was asking for a puk number and I've managed to perm lock my sim card. So, there's no way at all to unlock it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa wrote:

Other than your phone number , and credentials to connect to the cellular network, it is unlikely any other information is stored on the SIM. Once a fresh SIM is placed in the phone, all your contacts, photos, emails, etc will be available to you.
Melissa wrote:

Thank you very much
Userlevel 2
You need PUK code. Make sure to be correct. If you input PUK incorrectly for ten times, the system will believe you are trying to unlock the SIM viciously and your SIM card will be permanently locked and you have to buy a new one.
Papaxiong Boots wrote:

You need PUK code. Make sure to be correct. If you input PUK incorrectly for ten times, the syste...

Were do I find puk code
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Papaxiong Boots wrote:

You need PUK code. Make sure to be correct. If you input PUK incorrectly for ten times, the syste...

Read the very first reply on this thread.