Koodo Community

Community

Question

My phone won’t receive phone calls

I just bought a brand new iPhone and I don’t receive all my phone calls.

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
But you receive some? Do you receive texts just fine? Do you notice any patterns? Certain time of day, certain people with certain carriers? Have you tried restarting your phone and reinvesting your SIM card? Did you get a new SIM card when you got the new phone?
Allan wrote:

But you receive some? Do you receive texts just fine? Do you notice any patterns? Certain time of...

I do receive some, some text don’t send either, and it’s only SMS texts not iMessage. I have restarted my phone so many times, and I have taken out my SIM card too. No I didn’t get a new SIM card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

But you receive some? Do you receive texts just fine? Do you notice any patterns? Certain time of...

Are you living close by any Apple Store? Apple stores often have much better tech support for iPhone. For iPhone, I would suggest you to reset network settings (general --> reset --> reset network settings) and see if it helps

If none of the Apple Tech, or resetting can help, I would call Koodo and ask them to reset your line.
Allan wrote:

I have tried all the things they have suggested except restoring my phone. I may phone Koodo and ask them to reset my line.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

If the issue is not showing up on your old iphone, then it should be a phone problem and not your line or network

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

It could be very much the line, and partly the phone. iPhone with new iOS updates are always at risk of troubles like this.
Allan wrote:

But my old iPhone has the same iOS. Wouldn’t it have the same issues
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

It did not happen to all iPhone, or there will be widespread reports of problems. My iPhone behaved like that for couple of days last week randomly. I couldn't receive phone calls but voicemails.I managed to reset and it seemed to work for now.
Allan wrote:

But I have had this issue since I got this phone. It just hasn’t happened since a update. What kind of phone do you have?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

it is an iPhone7. It happened to me after the ios11 update. I tried to reset network settings and did clean install of ios11.1, and it seemed to be okay for now. I would hope  the problem persist then I  could go to Apple store and ask them to replace. lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

If they did replace it, it would only be with a refurbished one
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

When did you get a brandnew replacement, Dennis? it is always refurbished, either from Apple, Samsung, LG...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

What I am saying is I would rather have the new phone that has been with me the entire time, that I took care of, rather than a refurb

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

I dropped my iPhone 4-5 times/month (not on hardfloor),with a good case on it. I wouldn't mind asking apple replace it within 1 year or 2 (with credit card insurance).

I replaced my iphone 4, Iphone 6s at Apple store (free of charge) due to screen and battery issues. Their refurbished units did really well, and are in use (by other people, not me), so I actually like the idea of having a refurbished unit after 1,2 year from Apple.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

I treat my devices with much more care and fore thought.  I really disliked buying a new phone, treating it like gold, then get given a refurbished one due to a software issue 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How many bars are you getting on your phone?  Can you place calls?
Dennis wrote:

I can always make phone calls. Usually I have 2-4 bars depending where I am
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Try this
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this resets wifi passwords
Dennis wrote:

I tried that already
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

And bluetooth connection's.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you put in in another phone to see if the problem follows? How often does it happens?
Goran wrote:

Can you put in in another phone to see if the problem follows? How often does it happens?

In the past 2 weeks i have noticed it at least 2-3 times a day. I have another iPhone and used it for the day, it never had this problem the day I used it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

In this case it sounds like a phone issue.  You will need to bring it to an Apple store and they can do a diagnostic on it 
Goran wrote:

Hello Kristina,

Might I suggest that you add a 'Call Waiting" feature to your KOODOO based services?  That way you could ensure you won't miss calls while you're on your I-phone talking.  Just a thought.  I hope it helps.
Goran wrote:

Hey, I don’t have another phone number to set up call waiting. I did however talk to Koodo yesterday and they reset my line twice. Now I guess going into Apple might be my only answer left