Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My phone says no service

My daughter dropped her phone in some water, she dried it off and immediately removed the SIM card ( iPhone 5c) She had an iPhone 5s ( which I'm still paying a tab on- she stopped using it because she dropped it and the screen broke) She took the SIM card and put it into the 5s but the phone reads no service.... what should I do? We tried powering off and back on

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can confirm if the SIM still works by placing it another phone which you know works. You can place the wet phone in a bag of rice for a few days to see if it revives. You can also try a known good SIM in the 5S. If her SIM is corrupt, than a fresh one can be obtained at a Koodo store for a small fee.

Possibly one of these should be her next phone.

Thanks for the quick response, her phone is in rice, at the moment. . I'll check her SIM in my phone. If it is currupt does that mean she has lost all of her contacts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
helen wrote:

Thanks for the quick response, her phone is in rice, at the moment. . I'll check her SIM in my ph...

Unless she specifically saved them to her SIM, they won't be on it. Her phone could have been backed up to an iTunes account on a computer, or to her complimentary iCloud account, had she set either up.