Koodo Community

Community

Solved

my phone is saying no sim card?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Tina,

Make sure the SIM card is properly inserted and restart the phone.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tina,

I've done that
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tina,

My phone has been working fine up until this morning  It can connect to internet but I have no cell service.  Saying no sim  Don't know what to do

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tina,

First, try powering off your phone and removing your SIM (and battery, if possible). Put it all back together and power it on.

If still no service, go into your cellular network settings and make sure that it's not set to anything like "2G only" or "GSM only". If there's a 3G toggle, make sure that it's on.

If this still doesn't work, I'd recommend visiting your nearest Koodo store to try a different SIM card.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tina,

I don't know exactly how to put in properly I have tried it all ways as long as gold is down , are there pictures or video that shows how to insert correctly

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tina,

@Darlene,

The topic is 2 year old, things have changed. you might want to create a new topic https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new
Anyway, which phone are you using? Depending on your phone model you could find many videos on youtube showing how to insert it.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tina,

Darlene is it the right size of sim card? It isnt that hard but you could google how to do it. Im sure there is a youtube video out there.
Userlevel 3
Hi Tina,

Has Mathieu's advice helped? Do you still experience this issue?

Keep us posted!
Veronica wrote:

Hi Tina,

Has Mathieu's advice helped? Do you still experience this issue?

Keep us posted!

No still says no sim
Userlevel 7
Also make sure you're inserting the sim card correctly since several people in the past have inserted them upside down.. 🙂
Did you miss the part where it said the phone was working, which means the SIM card was inserted correctly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
R Graham wrote:

Did you miss the part where it said the phone was working, which means the SIM card was inserted ...

No need to resurrect 2 year old threads.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
R Graham wrote:

Did you miss the part where it said the phone was working, which means the SIM card was inserted ...

And the OP never said their phone was working. That was someone who replied 12 months later. Daniel was replying to the OP not the person who came 12 months later.