Koodo Community

Community

Solved

my phone is disabled. i forgot my password and now i cant get into my phone and i tried going to i tunes and now i can do anything

icon

Best answer by Mathieu 30 May 2015, 14:45

Hi Kayla, Is there an indication of how much longer until the phone is no longer disabled? If there is, then you can just wait for that time to expire. If there is no time, then you will need to do a recovery of the phone. If you have synced your phone with iTunes then you can restore it using iTunes. If you did not ever sync it to iTunes, but have "Find my iPhone" turned on, follow these steps: 1. Go to icloud.com/find. 2. If prompted, sign in with your iCloud Apple ID. 3. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window. 4. Select the device you want to erase. 5. Click "Erase [device]" to erase your device and its passcode. 6. Use the Setup Assistant on your device to restore the most recent backup If you had find my iPhone turned off, then follow these steps: 1. Disconnect all cables from your device. 2. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device. 3. Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button. 4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. 5. If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. 6. Click OK. Then restore the device These are instructions from apple, found on this site: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204306 Hope this helps!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Kayla, Is there an indication of how much longer until the phone is no longer disabled? If there is, then you can just wait for that time to expire. If there is no time, then you will need to do a recovery of the phone. If you have synced your phone with iTunes then you can restore it using iTunes. If you did not ever sync it to iTunes, but have "Find my iPhone" turned on, follow these steps: 1. Go to icloud.com/find. 2. If prompted, sign in with your iCloud Apple ID. 3. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window. 4. Select the device you want to erase. 5. Click "Erase [device]" to erase your device and its passcode. 6. Use the Setup Assistant on your device to restore the most recent backup If you had find my iPhone turned off, then follow these steps: 1. Disconnect all cables from your device. 2. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device. 3. Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button. 4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. 5. If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. 6. Click OK. Then restore the device These are instructions from apple, found on this site: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204306 Hope this helps!