Koodo Community

My phone has been searching for a carrier for almost two days now. What do i do?

I have tried almost every trick. I have tried; 
- Turning it on and off
- Taking out sim-card
- Putting it into airplane more 
- Reseting the phone
- Reseting the network settings

Nothing has worked. My bill is completely paid up, there is no water damage, and I haven't dropped my phone recently. I really don't want to buy a new phone as i bought this one last year. What should I do?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try going into Settings > Cellular and try to manually connect to Koodo. If this doesn't work, it's most likely your SIM card. Go to a Koodo shop and ask to try one of their SIM cards and you'll find out quickly if this is your problem.
Ivan wrote:

Try going into Settings > Cellular and try to manually connect to Koodo. If this doesn't work,...

How do i manually connect? I used to have a carrier option on my setting home screen and no longer do. When i do into cellular it just shows my data

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Try going into Settings > Cellular and try to manually connect to Koodo. If this doesn't work,...

My mistake, I meant "carrier", not "cellular". Toggle off automatic selection and it will look for available. networks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

If there is no Carrier setting showing, it suggests the SIM is not working. Check with a borrowed SIM as Ivan suggested, or borrow one from a friend for a few minutes.