Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My phone can't receive incoming calls or text messages?

Just switched to Koodo from another service provider and I can't receive texts or incoming calls?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Sarah,

It can take up to 3 hours for the number to be ported out successfully. Wait until the morning, at which point if you are still having issues with your number give Koodo a call.
It's been a lot more then three hours and I can make outgoing calls?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How long has it been? Check again after midnight. IIRC that's when the system gets updated.
Goran wrote:

How long has it been? Check again after midnight. IIRC that's when the system gets updated.

Nun of this makes since cause I can call out just no incoming or texts!
Goran wrote:

It's been like 9 hours since it was ported over
Like 9 hours I'll check in the morning off to bed! Koodo needs 24 hour Tec support!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The porting process can take a good 24 hours, sometimes longer. I'd say it should be working for you in the morning.
Goran wrote:

The porting process can take a good 24 hours, sometimes longer. I'd say it should be working for ...

Lol do u people work for Koodo cause that guy said 3 now ur saying 24 and why would I be able to make cause just not receive. Them of the number is not switched
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

The porting process can take a good 24 hours, sometimes longer. I'd say it should be working for ...

Unless "employee " is beside the name, no one works for Koodo. It probably "should" take 3 but it's not uncommon to take upwards of 24 hours. Nothing is 100% reliable or there's and unusually large number of transfers being made atm, etc. I don't know the technical reason for why until th porting process is 100% complete that you can send but not receive but there it is.
Userlevel 7
Goran wrote:

Sarah, you are assigned a temporary number while the porting takes place. That is why you can place outgoing calls/texts. If anyone tries to call you at the number that is being ported,  then it currently is in limbo since it's not yet been assigned to your phone. Once Koodo opens at 9, call customer service about the issue you are having,.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried rebooting your phone?
Userlevel 6
Hey Sarah! If the port in is not successful, it's usually because the wrong information from the old service provider was given to us (account number/PIN..)  that doesn't match your account information with them.  Just to make sure, your account wasn't cancelled/suspended with them right? If yes, you would need to contact the old service provider to reactivate the account in order for the port in to go through. If not, please give us a call and we will be able to contact our porting department.  Thanks!