Koodo Community

Community

Solved

my phone and my wifes phone are ringing at the same time

My wife and I are on the same account different numbers but when one gets a call both our phones ring? This happened when we first signed on with Koodo but they fixed it now it's doing it again.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you both have iPhone? Signed under the same e-mail maybe?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Yup! I've known this to happen when both iPhones are sharing one Apple ID. If you create and apply separate Apple IDs the problem self-corrects.
Robert wrote:

yes both are iPhones
Robert wrote:

Yes both are under the same Apple Id but the phone numbers are different.Also it sort of comes and goes and never happened before we moved to Kodoo from Telus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

With those recent update Apple did, you can receive a call on all the devices connected on the same Apple ID. Therefore, if I'm connected on my Apple ID on my Mac. I can receive phone calls on my mac from my phone. Same goes from the iPad. Therefore, if you have only 1 apple ID for both phone. This will happen and conitnuing happening until you create another ID for the second phone!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

However, as it works through a local Wi-Fi network, and both devices need be connected to it, the incidents of both ringing will likely happen at home, or when you both are connected to the Same Wi-Fi network out in the wilds. When you are not connected to the same Wi-Fi network, the phones will ring individually.