Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My iPhone has suddenly been locked with Koodo

Hi there, My iPhone has been locked with Koodo, while my iPhone is factory unlocked.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not an unknown issue, but you'll probably need to contact apple directly for help restoring the phone to its unlocked state. Koodo won't have access to send the unlock request if the phone was not purchased from them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Was this purchased unlocked from apple or unlocked by a carrier? Did this happen after restoring from a back up or updating your iOS?
Userlevel 7
Even if you purchased it from the Apple store, they only come unlocked out of the box. Once you put a carrier's SIM card inside, it locks it to that carrier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Even if you purchased it from the Apple store, they only come unlocked out of the box. Once you p...

I hear and read rumours of this but nothing official. If your phone is purchased unlocked it should stay unlocked. Best bet is to visit an apple store. If anything it would be an annoyance. But an official confirmation that it locked to the first sim card would be a nice to know for the future
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

Even if you purchased it from the Apple store, they only come unlocked out of the box. Once you p...

Jon that's only true of the ones that are sold on contract (keeps them from having to stock different phones for each carrier). Ones sold outright however will stay unlocked.
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

To my knowledge, iPhones that are purchased from the Apple Store are unlocked and will stay unlocked. They will not lock to any carrier when used.