Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My iPhone 6 won't show up in iTunes.

Normally, when I plug in my iPhone 6 to charge, it will automatically pop up in iTunes and I can sync, back up, etc. while it's charging. My phone was totally dead today and I plugged it in to my USB to charge it. It's not showing up on iTunes at all. I get a battery icon with a red line like it's filling up the battery. Is this normal when it's totally dead to do this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's a PC driver issue. Or an outdated ITunes version issue. I had the same problem and apple made me go in and delete all my old iPhones from I cloud and it started to work. Give that a try or call apple and get them to walk you through it. Not much Koodo can do for you in this situation. Google will have apples number.
Badge +4
If it's only showing the battery icon w/red line while charging, it means the phone is charging but doesn't have enough of a charge to power on. Your computer/iTunes won't be able to 'see' the phone until there is enough of a charge to power the phone on. A fully depleted/drained battery may take up to ten minutes of charging before you're able to power on the phone. Once the phone has enough of a charge, turn it on and your computer/iTunes should see your iPhone 6.
Userlevel 6
rikkster wrote:

If it's only showing the battery icon w/red line while charging, it means the phone is charging b...

Hey Selena! I second Rikkster's comment.  Is your phone working now 🙂?