Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My iPhone 6 was destroyed? I still have a negative tab balance. What do I do to get a new phone? What will the costs be?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Raine, sorry to hear about your phone. You would simply pay off your current tab. And go start fresh with a new tab. Check out the phones page on koodos website for exact prices. Hope that helps.
Chadwick wrote:

Hello Raine, sorry to hear about your phone. You would simply pay off your current tab. And go st...

still not completely understanding what i have to do at this point but thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Hello Raine, sorry to hear about your phone. You would simply pay off your current tab. And go st...

U go to self serve. Pay off ur tab and then order a new phone. Its as simple as that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Depending on the level of destroyed, you can bring it to the apple store for "repairs" 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/iphone/repair/service/pricing
Dennis wrote:

Depending on the level of destroyed, you can bring it to the apple store for "repairs" 

[ur...

how much is it at the apple store if your phone is destroyed?would koodo be cheaper?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

[ur...

Iphones must be repaired at the Apple Store. Koodo will only direct you to Apple.

The repair price of $379 for a new iphone 6 (refurbished) is a great deal.  Better than paying off your tab and buying a new iphone on tab plus ($504 paid over 24 months).

Warranty and service after purchase is where Apple is heads and shoulders above any other handset maker

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your cash flow is tight and you have an older unlocked phone or can buy one used, you can continue to pay off your old tab on a monthly basis and use your current plan with a new SIM in the replacement phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

If your cash flow is tight and you have an older unlocked phone or can buy one used, you can cont...

Or if the SIM Card stoll works and it fits into the new phone simply swap it out of the old phone into the new and away you go
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled NEW TO THIS !. my iphone has broke on me and i am still over 300.00 in my tab balance. can i pay this all off and get a new phone? will there be any additional charges or does koodo have a certain warranty program like rogers? i was not informed when buying my phone what i should do if it broke. someone please help me out (new to this) .....
Most carriers don't provide a warranty for physical damage.  Koodo, like most carriers does offer device protection which might make it cheaper to buy a new phone in that instance, but you would have needed to sign up for it when you purchased the phone.  If this is not the case, you might be on the hook for that $300.00 (which would be billed to you if you upgraded to a new tab).  I would consider going to a 3d party Koodo retailer such as the Mobile Shop or BestBuy - they might have a.gift card offer on a new phone that might make that payment a bit more feasible.