Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My iPhone 5 says no service with my prepaid sim..

So I've been travelling in nepal and indja for 5 months and used sims from both those places in my phone and now I've gotten back to canada I out my koodo sim in and it just says no service.. I've played around with airplane mode, turned my cellular data on, did the simple home and lock button reset, turned it off took the sim out and waited and put it back in and turned it on- no luck! Any ideas what I can do ? Should I try topping up my account ? Not sure how that would work.. Cheers guys 🙂

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Huh so I've tries logging in and it says my account doesn't exist now Says my email is invalid
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Trina Manac'h wrote:

Huh so I've tries logging in and it says my account doesn't exist now Says my email is invalid

Did you cancel your account before leaving? Also did you have automatic payments on your account? If you didnt pay for your account well you were away it may have gotten shut down since you were gone for 5 months.
Trina Manac'h wrote:

I didnt cancel it but did turn off my automatic payments though, maybe it dis get shut down. Do you know how I get it active with the same phone number and sim if its possible then ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Trina Manac'h wrote:

Good point about the 5 months.  If your prepaid account is inactive for 90 days, it is gone and you will need to get another prepaid sim and start another account.
It says user login disabled when I try to get my password back using my email, does that mean I should just call them ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Trina Manac'h wrote:

It says user login disabled when I try to get my password back using my email, does that mean I s...

It won't be any use calling them, Trina, your only option now is to buy a new prepaid SIM card and set up a new account. You waited too long I'm afraid and it's expired now.
Ah I see, makes sense. So i can't re-activate the same sim then ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Trina Manac'h wrote:

Unfortunately not.  However the cost of new prepaid sim ($20) comes with $20 in prepaid activation credits
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Trina Manac'h wrote:

No, unfortunately sim cards expire after 90 days of inactivity.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Trina Manac'h wrote:

Prepaid SIMS cannot be re-activated once expired. However, the $20 you will spend on a new SIM will be credited back to you since you are once again a "new" account.
Ok then! Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated 🙂 Cheers