Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My iphone 5 is not connecting to the network

The last couple of days I have noticed that my phone has been very slow when I open Instagram or even reading articles on the interet. When I'm at home I can connect to the wifi there but once I leave I don't get anything. I have a data plan so I know that's not the problem. I just got the phone about 5 months ago.I have rebooted it several times, no change. I have checked the "Settings - General - Cellular - Cellular Data", and it is turned on. I have also tried "Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings" and there has been no change. Does anyone know what is causing this to happen and a solution to fix it? Thanks, I appreciate any help.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try a back and restore through itunes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you unable to get data but still have signal and ability to call/text? If you get no signal all the time, it may be your SIM card. If this is the case, I recommend heading to a kiosk and trying one of their SIM cards and running the Speedtest app. If all is fine, just purchase a replacement SIM. Otherwise, if you have an Apple store near you, I'd suggest making an appointment to have them diagnose your phone BEFORE doing a factory reset. I suggest this because you resetting network settings should have solved your problem. If you reset the phone prior to the appointment, they will have very little to diagnose, especially since an iTunes restore will restore the firmware as well. Your iPhone should still be within warranty as it hasn't been out for quite 1 year yet.