Koodo Community

Community

Question

My daughter is in France and can't text us. She purchased the $15 package. It shows it is trying to send then stop. What do we do?

My daughter is in France and can't seem to text us on her iPhone 5S She purchased the $15.00 package. What do we do?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is she connected to a network or does it say No Service? Is the[b] International Voice Roaming add-on applied to the account?
No. She is connected to a carrier over there. And she does have the international voice roaming. She says it try's to send but only goes 3/4 over the way and stops.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
S Brown wrote:

No. She is connected to a carrier over there. And she does have the international voice roaming. ...

Is she using the right country code while trying to text? Is iMessage turned off and any previous conversations with you been deleted from her phone?
S Brown wrote:

No. She is connected to a carrier over there. And she does have the international voice roaming. ...

She's using 001 for Canada and her iMessage is turned off. Not sure about the previous conversation though. Will that make a difference?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
S Brown wrote:

Yes, if previous iMessage conversations are continued, they are assumed to be following the same path as before. They should send when she connects to Wi-Fi, though.

Can she make or receive calls? Can she receive texts?

S Brown wrote:

They don't. Is it something on my phone? Yes, she can receive texts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
S Brown wrote:

Your phone is a???????

There is absolutely no reason her iMessages should not send when she is connected to Wi-Fi, unless it is because she has iMessage turned off. SMS messages will not send on Wi-Fi, though.

She might try using +1 instead of 001.

S Brown wrote:

I have a iPhone 5s also. Her iMessages send but she can't without wifi.
Userlevel 7
S Brown wrote:

Have her turn iMessage off. Turn off her phone Turn it back on Try again with iMessage off.
S Brown wrote:

Ok. I'll tell her. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
S Brown wrote:

Interesting. iMessages require a data plan. If her messages are queued until she gets to a location with Wi-Fi, then for whatever reason, her iMessage system is not switched to SMS.

S Brown wrote:

Will she be able to text using the international package or not?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
S Brown wrote:

She will have to deactivate imessage or wait for Wi-Fi. Then yes. How long is she in France for? She can get a plan with Free Mobile to use.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
S Brown wrote:

She should be able to send SMS using the plan purchased, but not iMessages.
S Brown wrote:

I have the same problem with international texting plan in Italy. Koodo is not very helpful
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
S Brown wrote:

Have you tried the suggestions mentioned above? Could you also create a new thread and further explain your problems and solutions you have tried so we can better help you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
S Brown wrote:

Have you tried the suggestions mentioned above? Could you also create a new thread and further explain your problems and solutions you have tried so we can better help you?