Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My cell phone has been stolen and roaming charges has been used and my bill is high. Can Koodo turn off my phone and also remove the charges

My cell phone has been stolen and roaming charges has been used and my bill is high. Can Koodo turn off my phone and also remove the charges because it wasn't me.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Call Koodo right away so they can block your SIM card and mark your phone as stolen

Dial 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636).
 or 611 on your cellphone
Hours of operation (local time):

Monday - Friday: 9am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 7pm
Sunday: 9am - 
Userlevel 5
When your phone is stolen your supposed to report it to Koodo immediately so that something like this doesn't happen. You can go onto the self serve website and report it stolen which means no one will be able to use it. You can also black list it so it wont be able to work on any Canadian carrier. As for the bill, you can try talking to them but they may or may not do anything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you know the number they called, it's a great way to catch the person. I assume they used your sim in their own phone. My worry is that you didn't lock your phone and they have access to your phone's info like email, etc
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

If you know the number they called, it's a great way to catch the person. I assume they used ...

I wouldn't recommend trying to catch said person yourself. It's not safe.