Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Must have the iPhone 4S!

Anyone selling the iPhone 4S?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Koodo doesn't carry it anymore, but with the iPhone 5S around the corner and the new low-cost model on its way, I would wait a bit longer. This isn't really a buy/sell forum, either. If you want to get your hands on one, I would ask your friends or go on Kijiji and start searching for it yourself.
Userlevel 6
Don't bother with the 4S. The 4 is just as good (without Siri) and it it won't bankrupt you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

Don't bother with the 4S. The 4 is just as good (without Siri) and it it won't bankrupt you.

No it isn't. The 4S wasn't a worthwhile update over the 4 at the time of its release but you will not get the same experience now. The 4S didn't just add Siri. It's a dual-core device. The 4 is single-core and will reach end-of-life next month.
Userlevel 3
Chris Petersens wrote:

It's still not worth the extra $400. Most people don't even know what dual-core is anyway.
Userlevel 7
Chris Petersens wrote:

It's not $700 if you flock to the used market... some of them there are as low as $350 outright or $400 if they're in near perfect condition.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

EmilX, it doesn't matter what people know or don't know about dual-core. The iPhone 4 was excellent with iOS 4, but not so on iOS 6.1.3. The hardware is too old. Where are you seeing the extra $400? It's $350 more. Now, I don't think that the 4S is worth $650, but it will come down in price next month with the 5C/5S release.
Thanks for the replies! I was going to get the iphone 4 but I thought I would miss having the Siri option as well as a better camera. I do not like the look of the 5 so I was not considering waiting for it to drop in price or for the newer versions to come out because I assume they will resemble the 5. Is Siri that reliable? I thought maybe Koodo would carry the 4s again and drop the 4 once the new phone comes out? Thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hailey wrote:

Thanks for the replies! I was going to get the iphone 4 but I thought I would miss having the Sir...

The 4 will be discontinued next month. Something else will replace it as a lower cost Apple option with Koodo, but we'll have to wait about a month before we find out what.
Ok. So, best bet? Wait until the new model comes out and see what happens to prices and what becomes available?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hailey wrote:

Ok. So, best bet? Wait until the new model comes out and see what happens to prices and what beco...

Yes. I cant wait for the Sept.10 announcement & Sept 20 launch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hailey wrote:

Ok. So, best bet? Wait until the new model comes out and see what happens to prices and what beco...

That'd be my advice. It's only about a month until the new models come out. Maybe you'll want the 5C. I expect it to be priced ~$450.