Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Multiple people texting me "sorry wrong number", any help?

Getting multiple text messages all day from different Alberta numbers. First message sent is always: Sorry wrong number. Nothing else.. I have asked many of them to stop. They either don't respond or tell me I messaged them first. This is getting really annoying as I have important things to be doing and don't have time to deal with this. I changed my phone number about a week ago after moving to a new city. This only just started today around 1pm. Any help? They won't stop and more "alberta" texters keep messaging me this. Most of them are 403 area code numbers. Thank you
icon

Best answer by Mathieu 20 June 2015, 02:52

Hi anonymouse,

It sounds like just a scam possibly to fish out valid phone numbers in a given area. The best thing you can do is block the numbers, although they are probably masking their numbers and using another person's number using a device of some sort. Unfortunately, not too much you can do about it... 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi anonymouse,

It sounds like just a scam possibly to fish out valid phone numbers in a given area. The best thing you can do is block the numbers, although they are probably masking their numbers and using another person's number using a device of some sort. Unfortunately, not too much you can do about it...