Koodo Community

Community

Solved

move # from another provider to a new koodo phone

I want to buy my daughter a new cell phone for christmas, but i will need to get a plan on it without her knowing it (which means a new number). Is it possible to move her current phone number to the new phone after the fact?
icon

Best answer by Dennis 28 November 2015, 19:18

If she is not with Koodo, then it should be ok, as she can port her number over from the other provider later on.

Are you a current Koodo customer? (If so, you can buy a phone, outright, just for her)
Are you getting the phone on a tab? (putting a phone on tab means you are buying her a liability that she will need to pay back... just FYI)
If you open the account it will have to be under your name and then you will have to go to a kiosk to transfer ownership of the account (with appropriate ID)

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If she is not with Koodo, then it should be ok, as she can port her number over from the other provider later on.

Are you a current Koodo customer? (If so, you can buy a phone, outright, just for her)
Are you getting the phone on a tab? (putting a phone on tab means you are buying her a liability that she will need to pay back... just FYI)
If you open the account it will have to be under your name and then you will have to go to a kiosk to transfer ownership of the account (with appropriate ID)