Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Monthly phone charges while on vacation

I am currently using my Iphone 5s in Canada and I am still paying it off every month. Next month I will be going to Germany for a few months but I do not want to pay my monthly charges since I won't be using text messaging or data. Is there any way possible to not pay the monthly charges while I'm gone? Or do I have to pay off my phone first to unlock it and get out of the contract.
icon

Best answer by Ahmad 3 April 2015, 16:32

You can put it on seasonal hold for $15/month instead of paying your regular rate plan. However, when you come back to Canada and re-activate your service, you must choose a NEW plan that is offered on the Koodo website at the time. If you have an older plan that's no longer available, I wouldn't recommend the seasonal hold.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
You can put it on seasonal hold for $15/month instead of paying your regular rate plan. However, when you come back to Canada and re-activate your service, you must choose a NEW plan that is offered on the Koodo website at the time. If you have an older plan that's no longer available, I wouldn't recommend the seasonal hold.