Koodo Community
Solved

Mobile Reconnection Fee and data

• 19 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Question 1: Why do I have a $35 mobile reconnection fee? What is that? I haven't done anything differently.

Question 2: My data is a few days late, it was supposed to start the new month of data on the 17th. Why don't I have data yet?

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Robert T 19 February 2019, 21:49

Question 1: Why do I have a $35 mobile reconnection fee? What is that? I haven't done anything differently.
Usually happens when you haven't paid your bill and you've been disconnected

Question 2: My data is a few days late, it was supposed to start the new month of data on the 17th. Why don't I have data yet?
If you're at 0 days left, it means it'll restart at 11:59 of that day
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Usually happens when you haven't paid your bill and you've been disconnected

If you're at 0 days left, it means it'll restart at 11:59 of that day
Badge +4
Question 1. Was your account ever suspended for non payment? If it was, even after paying a Past due balance you also have to pay a reconnection fee.

2. What plan do you have and what's your billing cycle date? Have you tried restarting the phone?
Ah. Yes, it was suspended while I was on vacation. But, I never received notification that I'd be charged for that...

I have tried restarting the phone, usually it updates itself for the 18th, as the 17th is the last day of my billing cycle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's supposed to be a 15 dollar per month cost for seasonal hold. Unless it's a recent change there shouldn't be a 35 dollar reconnection fee. Did you call koodo or go to a kiosk to get it done? It's conceivable if you did that they charged you the 35 dollar fee for having Koodo do it for you when you could have done it via self-serve, assuming you didn't.

Is data the only thing you're missing? Are yoh otherwise connected? Do you have data turned on?