Koodo Community
Solved

Misguided by Koodo Representatives

1. I am a Koodo user since August 2016. I had $40 tab medium plan (1GB | 500 Min | 1000 international minutes)
  2. I got an winter offer that if I upgrade my phone and do $45 plan then I will get 4GB data and Unlimited Calling
  3. I went to Koodo representatives in Bayshore Shopping mall, Ottawa to confirm the plan and they said the plan is right.
  4. Representatives said, if you order iPhone XS Max online with tab medium ($45 plan) then you will get 4GB Data, Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and I carry my 1000 international minutes from $40 plan to $45 plan but the condition is that you have to chose tab medium only.
  5. I went online, Ordered new iPhone XS Max and I got $45 plan with 4GB Data and Unlimited Canada-wide Calling.
  6. However, they took back my 1000 international minutes.
  7. I went to customer services again and he called Koodo services. Now they are saying you have to pay extra $20 for international calling.
  8. My question is, just for selling your plan why does Koodo misguide their customers and how do I get my 1000 international minutes back? I want ($45 | 4GB | Unlimited Calls | 1000 international minutes)
  9. My second question is, Why am I not getting call back from Koodo when I schedule a call?
icon

Best answer by Dinh 5 January 2019, 07:17

hi,
Are you upgrading or you are getting a new line? Was your line a BYOD plan before (not medium Tab)? Normally the 1000 minutes add-on would stay if you upgrade your phone and keep the same plan. If you get a new plan or upgrade to a new plan, there might be issue with keeping that add-on. The 1000 minutes add-on is also available instore only (if you add a new line). I didn't see any promotion on it for online order. Note that, the add-on minutes are limited to few countries. If your destination is not on the list, you still have to pay the long distance fee.

I would suggest you send message to Koodo facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo). You might be able to meet a more experienced agent there and they might be able to do something for you.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Callbacks I'm not sure. There has been a few people on here dying they never got calls back. If it persists I'd just call and wait. You could also try sending a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get it sorted out. However. Keep in mind I believe the terms were you'd have to keep your same plan to keep your 1000 minutes at the time so you might not be able to keep it while changing plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
Are you upgrading or you are getting a new line? Was your line a BYOD plan before (not medium Tab)? Normally the 1000 minutes add-on would stay if you upgrade your phone and keep the same plan. If you get a new plan or upgrade to a new plan, there might be issue with keeping that add-on. The 1000 minutes add-on is also available instore only (if you add a new line). I didn't see any promotion on it for online order. Note that, the add-on minutes are limited to few countries. If your destination is not on the list, you still have to pay the long distance fee.

I would suggest you send message to Koodo facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo). You might be able to meet a more experienced agent there and they might be able to do something for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
THe store rep was likely mistaken. But while changing your plan online, you should have gotten a warning