Feedback
Might buy new iPhone direct from Apple Canada, then what? | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Question

Might buy new iPhone direct from Apple Canada, then what?

• 14 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I went to a Koodo booth at the mall last weekend. They told me they didn’t have any colours other than black for pretty much all the iPhone models and some models they didn’t have in stock. I’m thinking about just buying exactly the iPhone I want from Apple Canada (possibly the new iPhone 13), but what if it’s not compatible with Koodo and my plan? How do I know that the new phone will work with my sim or that I can keep my current plan?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I went to a Koodo booth at the mall last weekend. They told me they didn’t have any colours other than black for pretty much all the iPhone models and some models they didn’t have in stock. I’m thinking about just buying exactly the iPhone I want from Apple Canada (possibly the new iPhone 13), but what if it’s not compatible with Koodo and my plan? How do I know that the new phone will work with my sim or that I can keep my current plan?

I am pretty sure all iPhones you purchase, whether it is from Koodo, the Apple Store, or a Canadian retailer, will work on the Koodo network.

With regards to the latter part of your question, I am assuming you are still thinking about upgrading your device with Koodo. In response to that, it entirely depends on which plan you currently have, which phone model you want, and which Tab you intend to choose. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Any phone from Apple Canada will work on Koodo. You just have to put your sim card into it (assuming your current sim is a nano sim). All of your details of your koodo account (plan, add-ons, etc) will remain untouched.