Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Massive Mystery Data Charge

Does anyone know how long it takes for data usage to be updated online? My phone tells me I've used a tremendous amount of data today, but my self serve tells me I haven't used nearly as much as my phone says. I'm worried there is a delay and I have somehow used a bunch of data today.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Keep in mind the data counter on your phone could be counting ALL the data you've used including wifi and pictures which don't count. But yes there is a delay. I think it's two hours.
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

Keep in mind the data counter on your phone could be counting ALL the data you've used including ...

Though there seems to be a glitch that some people are experiencing (me included) that shows last months usage in the graph. The detailed usage below that should show the correct amount.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I see you're on an iPhone. I've just used an iPhone 5S for a day and my "cellular data usage" is at 1.5 GB which is way off. There is absolutely no way that I used that much as I haven't streamed audio nor video over cellular in the past day. It's probably lumping all data usage together. In my Koodo app, I'm at ~600 MB (and that's 8 days into my plan, not just the past day).