Koodo Community

Making it easier for new customers to get a three year terms

• 11 December 2012
  • 17 replies

My mom had a contract with telus but they ripped her off. So she wanted to go to Koodo until she found out they were owned by telus so she figured she wouldn't get approved so she left the iphone she was going to buy. I think that koodo should make it a little easier for people who had telus to get a contract at Kood without being not approved

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Did she try but get refused by Koodo? I once got refused by Rogers but accepted by Fido, so she should try Koodo if she hasn't.
Did she try but get refused by Koodo? I once got refused by Rogers but accepted by Fido, so sh...She never got refused by Koodo but she had an Account with Telus that is unpaid because Telus cancelled the contract
Did she try but get refused by Koodo? I once got refused by Rogers but accepted by Fido, so sh...So She figures she wont get approved
Did she try but get refused by Koodo? I once got refused by Rogers but accepted by Fido, so sh...The only way to know for sure is to try. If she gets service with Koodo and is not on the Spending Cap program, she can go onto the 3 year contract for the Iphone.
Did she try but get refused by Koodo? I once got refused by Rogers but accepted by Fido, so sh...What's The Spending Cap Program?
Whats The spending Cap Program?
Whats The spending Cap Program?No need to post the same message twice 😉. The Spending Cap program places a $200 limit for the account balance on the account. If the account balance reaches $200 or more, the account will suspend itself & there's a $35 reconnection fee. There are warnings that are texted to the phone as the amount comes near the $200 limit as long as it's not reached really fast. As long as there are good payments over a 9 month period(no past due amounts) the system will remove the Spending Cap Program.
Could My momstill get the Iphone 4 with the Spending cap program?
Could My momstill get the Iphone 4 with the Spending cap program?Yes. Any phone can be purchased on the Spending Cap Program. The 3 year contract is not available for those on the Spending Cap Program though.
Could My momstill get the Iphone 4 with the Spending cap program?How Come?
Userlevel 5
Could My momstill get the Iphone 4 with the Spending cap program?Get the iPhone 4 with the tab. Problem Solved. You don't want to choose the 3 year contract ones because the contract plans are pretty bad in my opinion. Also, your mom was just in a contract with Telus. What if later on, she wants to do the same thing as before? Do you really want her to be in another contract after this horrible experience? The tab is much more flexible and offers more freedom than the contract. iPhone 4 is $375. Put $150 on the tab, you have to pay $225. You also get a $100 bonus.gift when you get the phone so it's basically $125. Get an existing Koodo customer to refer you via Friend Referral and get $25 off of your tab. So basically, you only need to pay $100 for the iPhone 4 in total. Link to Referral: www.koodoreferral.com
Userlevel 5
If Telus cancelled the contract and it was sent to collections, I would assume that most cell phone places (but if not all Telus/Koodo) would reject her based on the premise of that unpaid account showing up when they run her credit check. The spending cap wouldn't even be available in this option, but again as mentioned above the only way to know for sure is to try.
If Telus cancelled the contract and it was sent to collections, I would assume that most cell pho...Actually not true Rogers accepted my mom as long as she pays a $100.00 deposit
Userlevel 7
If Telus cancelled the contract and it was sent to collections, I would assume that most cell pho...If you were sent to collections by TELUS, then TELUS has blacklisted you which will prevent you from joining Koodo.
Userlevel 5
If Telus cancelled the contract and it was sent to collections, I would assume that most cell pho...Well it's good to see she was able to get a phone, I wasn't sure about all carriers which is why I put I assume most would reject 🙂
Userlevel 2
If Telus cancelled the contract and it was sent to collections, I would assume that most cell pho...Hey Ahmad, that's not true at all. We make the decision on if we can activate an account for a person or not, regardless if they've been blacklisted by Telus 🙂.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How old are you? Put the account under your name. I have terrible credit after being screwed by Rogers so my account is under my wifes name. - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)