Koodo Community

Community

Make iPhone Contracts Canada-Wide, too!


Userlevel 1
So those on an iPhone 3-yr contract have it bad enough in that they are locked in to the same phone and plan for 3yrs. How come, while every other plan enjoys Canada-wide minutes, the iPhone contract plans are still local calling minutes? That seems like a raw deal, like the contract plans were completely forgotten while all other Koodo plans forged ahead to awesomeness. tl;dr: Make iPhone Contract minutes Canada-wide, too! (and not just local minutes)

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I agree this is a good idea, I mean iPhone users already have enough limitations with their devices to deal with they deserve this 😉
Userlevel 5
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I agree this is a good idea, I mean iPhone users already have enough limitations with their devic...

Hey hey hey! I sense a hate on iPhones.... c:
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I agree this is a good idea, I mean iPhone users already have enough limitations with their devic...

It's like if you have an iPHONE under contract, you should stay stuck with your old iPHONE plans $65 & $80 with no free LD calls in canada, it's even unfair to Koodo new iPHONE customers with plans for $60,$70 and $80 that also have same limitation on their plans, they have to spend another 45 cts/minutes to pay their LD calls, I wish Koodo can reverse situation ASAP if he wants to keep his customers at the end of contact
Userlevel 6
For a $10-15 fee that makes sense. Not really fair for people who buys out the phone outright.
Userlevel 7
Erwin wrote:

For a $10-15 fee that makes sense. Not really fair for people who buys out the phone outright.

I disagree. The plans would be ridiculously expensive for what you're getting if you were to do that. How's it not fair? The person who buys their phone outright still has the option and freedom to switch to and from any plan they want. WIth the iPhone, they're stuck on an iPhone plan that costs at least $60/month.
Userlevel 1
Erwin wrote:

For a $10-15 fee that makes sense. Not really fair for people who buys out the phone outright.

I am referring solely to iPhones on contract. I'm siding with Ahmad (who is siding with me 😛 )They shouldn't have to pay any more $$ for Canada-Wide when they already pay $60 guaranteed for 3-yrs
Userlevel 5
Erwin wrote:

For a $10-15 fee that makes sense. Not really fair for people who buys out the phone outright.

I don't think anyone would pay a $10-$15 monthly fee just to have Canada-wide. I think just changing it to Canada-wide would be better.
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

For a $10-15 fee that makes sense. Not really fair for people who buys out the phone outright.

OMG I know how it feels like to be stuck at a 3 year contract. But it would make the contract plans more attractive and Koodo will loose money if everyone gets in, it also reduces value to the current koodo plans especially the higher end plans. To be honest if they do this, they may as well discontinue the Koodo tab plans and only have the contract plans and add cheaper contract plans.
I bought my iPhone outright and have been using Koodo without a contract and just switched to the $60 plan with 2GB data and Canada wide calling. I love it, the money I am saving after switching from Rogers and the 10% discount more than makes up for the subsidy. People complain about the 3 year contracts in Canada, yet there are options. The Canadian three year contracts are the worst deals ever if you do the math. Nothing is "free" it's just baked into your monthly fee.
Userlevel 1
Alfred Kee wrote:

I bought my iPhone outright and have been using Koodo without a contract and just switched to the...

Well yeah, of course contracts are the worst, and nobody here is suggesting them... But clearly there still is a market, and even though they are locking themselves in by choice, they shouldn't also be forced to only have local minutes, too.
Alfred Kee wrote:

I bought my iPhone outright and have been using Koodo without a contract and just switched to the...

Yes, you're right...especially in comparison to our neighbours to the south who have had two year contracts for quite awhile now. That said, for heavy users especially...when you do the math with them there is usually an "ah ha" moment of realization.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The only reason Koodo offers 3 year contracts at all is because they are required by Apple in order to carry the iPhone. Koodo has never wanted to be a contract based company, in fact they have designed their entire image around the fact that they don't have contracts. I honestly do not foresee any changes to try and make the iphone contracts any more appealing.
Userlevel 1
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The only reason Koodo offers 3 year contracts at all is because they are required by Apple in ord...

That's a very good point, Timo.

Reply