Koodo Community
Solved

Mailing time of a Cancellation Notice is 12 days to me an user in Vancouver from Montreal!

• 24 January 2016
  • 1 reply

A Cancellation Notice dated Jan 10 notifies me I need to pay by Jan 17, otherwise reconnection charge applied after service cancelled. I received this letter Jan 22. I suspect Koodo has date back that letter. It won't need 12 days to reach me. Why I care? Because I had to pay reconnection charge before I was notified. If the mailing needs that 12 days, why Koodo issues it only 7 days ahead? Does it really can notify and help users?
icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 24 January 2016, 10:54

If Koodo actually cancelled your service that indicates to me that you were already a few months part due on your monthly payments. Koodo will also notify you of missed payments by text message within a few days of the due date, as well as trying to call you at the contact number you provided after a couple of weeks. They will then redirect all your outgoing calls to them so you will have no choice but to speak with them. Up to this point there would still be no reconnection fees. After this the next step would be to suspend your service, for which there would be a$35 reconnection fee. If the bill is still not paid, then your service would be cancelled. This whole process typically takes 2-3 months. Technically, koodo has the legal right to suspend your service as soon as you are past due by even a day. From where I sit, they gave you every opportunity to avoid reconnection charges and you decided to wait for the last possible second to pay your bill.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If Koodo actually cancelled your service that indicates to me that you were already a few months part due on your monthly payments. Koodo will also notify you of missed payments by text message within a few days of the due date, as well as trying to call you at the contact number you provided after a couple of weeks. They will then redirect all your outgoing calls to them so you will have no choice but to speak with them. Up to this point there would still be no reconnection fees. After this the next step would be to suspend your service, for which there would be a$35 reconnection fee. If the bill is still not paid, then your service would be cancelled. This whole process typically takes 2-3 months. Technically, koodo has the legal right to suspend your service as soon as you are past due by even a day. From where I sit, they gave you every opportunity to avoid reconnection charges and you decided to wait for the last possible second to pay your bill.