Question

LTE data with prepaid

• 24 October 2013
  • 39 replies

Show first post

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will get the download speeds as follows: 3G or HSPA The average expected speed is 3-4 MBPS ...I know who Paul is. I also know who Myke is. Sometimes I even have a vague idea that I know who I am, though that usually passes quickly. Now that those introductions are over with, let's concentrate on other matters. Care to introduce yourself, Xavier? 😃
Userlevel 2
You will get the download speeds as follows: 3G or HSPA The average expected speed is 3-4 MBPS ...I guess I can't disclose a lot what my role at koodo is, but I can tell you that I love helping others. I am into androids and tech stuff and I have some experience with developing apps for androids! How about you sophia and Myke? How bad there is no "messaging" system enabled within this community. It would be awesome. Should I suggest that as an Idea? So when you want to help someone you can inbox them with further details or share tips! 🙂 Kind of you Sophia
Userlevel 2
You will get the download speeds as follows: 3G or HSPA The average expected speed is 3-4 MBPS ...This community does not need a message system(aka: Instanting Messenger). I am in Customer Care/Tech Support, used to be on the Social Media team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will get the download speeds as follows: 3G or HSPA The average expected speed is 3-4 MBPS ...^ I have no idea what you are saying there, but by all means, expose "your role at Koodo". You show us yours, we'll show you ours. Anyway enough of all the joking... it's nice to see your happy answers, don't flame others and obey the community guidelines... that includes parroting answers :)
Edit, oops, this was directed at Xavier of course, you snuck in there Myke :P
And that's the last i'll say about it... there are more important things to worry about 😃
Userlevel 1
Hey Peter, LTE is available to Prepaid customers 🙂 We're going to update our website as soon as possible so that this misunderstanding does not happen again, thank you for flagging this to us. It sounds like LTE is important to you, with that in mind I encourage you to view our coverage map so that you're aware of where LTE is offered in and around your area.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey Peter, LTE is available to Prepaid customers 🙂 We're going to update our website as soon a...Thanks, Ashley! That is great news for us prepaid users! And thanks for bringing the subject up, Peter, I wouldn't have known otherwise 🙂
Hey Peter, LTE is available to Prepaid customers 🙂 We're going to update our website as soon a...Sweet! Thanks Ashley for the official confirmation. Thanks Sophia for flagging my question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok, I have finally been in a situation where I could test LTE 🙂 Here are the 4 (yes, four! you guys owe me!) tests that I did in an area that showed LTE:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok, I have finally been in a situation where I could test LTE 🙂 Here are the 4 (yes, four! you g...Awesome thanks for taking one for the team Sophia. The download speeds are pretty consistent but those upload speeds are all over the place eh, wouldn't have guessed that. This will help alot of ppl with their answers and is appreciated by the community using prepaid. How much data did it use doing these tests? I remember doing it once before and using a big chunk of my data for the month
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok, I have finally been in a situation where I could test LTE 🙂 Here are the 4 (yes, four! you g...It used quite a bit of data, 100MB received and 70MB sent. I won't do it again 😞 But at least & last we know for sure! The first test was done while we were driving, perhaps that explains the lower upload speed? The other three were done in a parking lot and that seems somewhat consistent.
Ok, I have finally been in a situation where I could test LTE 🙂 Here are the 4 (yes, four! you g...Thanks again Sophia for the speedtest confirmation. Really appreciate you giving up some of your data.
Userlevel 2
Thanks Sophia! And can you tell me what phone are you using? Because my friend's Samsung Galaxy S3 always shows 4G only (prepaid with LTE enabled) , yet my phone shows LTE when I am standing right next to him (and I'm on post paid).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks Sophia! And can you tell me what phone are you using? Because my friend's Samsung Galaxy S...Hi Kenny, this was tested on the Galaxy Mega... guess I should have mentioned that 🙂