Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LTE Coverage in St. John's, Newfoundland

Hi, I'm living in St. John's, Newfoundland and I have $42 plan with 500MB of data. This location should be under LTE coverage and many of my friends with Koodo have LTE on their iPhones. However my iPhone 5S still says just "3G". The LTE option in Settings is ON. Thank you

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Well there's no way it's the SIM card since all Nanos have been LTE since they released... Try removing the SIM card and shutting down the phone for about a minute, then putting it back in and trying again. If that doesn't fix it, try resetting network settings (only network settings, not any apps or files). You will lose any saved WiFi passwords.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is a Koodo iPhone 5s too right?
No it's not, it's bought in Europe as brand new phone without any contract, directly from Apple Store
Userlevel 7
Jan Havlíček wrote:

No it's not, it's bought in Europe as brand new phone without any contract, directly from Apple S...

That may be your issue. It might not have the LTE bands needed for LTE coverage here in Canada. Can you find out the exact model # and cross reference with this: http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Havlíček wrote:

No it's not, it's bought in Europe as brand new phone without any contract, directly from Apple S...

Jonathan is right. Confident that it's Totally not the right model for Canada LTE
Jan Havlíček wrote:

Thank you for your reply, you are right. It's model A1457, so it doesn't work with US/CAN LTE
Userlevel 7
Jan Havlíček wrote:

Ah, we discovered the issue. Sorry, man. At least it's better than not having any service at all!