Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Loyal customer

I have 3 lines with Koodo for the past 7 or more years. Called to see if there was something they could offer for a loyal customer or match a deal the competition have and I got nothing. Having three lines with this provider has caused me to consider changing providers since it does not matter how long I've been a customer or the number of lines I have. Feeling annoyed and let down. Anyone else have this issue ?

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Who are you trying to match and what is the competing offer?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo generally aims to keep things flat across the board with pricing. So you might get a retention offer, but it's unlikely. If Koodo matches a competitive offer, then it's put up for everyone to take advantage of. I kind of prefer it that way. I guess if you want a cheaper price over time there are other options available.
Competing offer is $429.99 for iPhone 7 plus with my plan increasing by $20 a month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ashley wrote:

Competing offer is $429.99 for iPhone 7 plus with my plan increasing by $20 a month.

What carrier is it with and what plan would you be getting with them?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ashley wrote:

Ashley we need more details.  

Unless you have already made up your mind to move over?

We are trying to help you compare Apples to Apples and see which is the best option for you (this may include leaving to another carrier).  note that we are helpful volunteers and do not work for Koodo so we do not know your current plans either
ashley wrote:

Bell. Unlimited talk and text. 1gb. Voicemail and caller ID. Conference calling and Canada wide calling.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ashley wrote:

And how much is that plan for?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ashley wrote:

I see this for $90 per month and paying $548 for the iphone 7 plus.  Assuming Ontario Pricing

http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Cell_phone_plans/Share_plans

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ashley wrote:

With Koodo it is $59 for the tab L plan plus $21 per month for the tab large charge (total of $80 per month).
The phone would cost $550 up front

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/iphone-7-plus
https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans

ashley wrote:

Now I pay $80 this will be $90 with Bell So $429.99 for iPhone 7 plus and Koodo iPhone 7 plus is $550
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ashley wrote:

So if this was the case, you pay $10 more per month for 24 months.  meaning you will pay $240 more for the plan over a 2 year contract, but you save $$120 up front.

SO over 2 years you save $120 with Koodo.  And Koodo's plans are upfront on their website. Looks like Bell has these hidden discounts which make you think you are getting a better deal, but it is only a better deal over the sticker price.  If this is how they do business, imagine what else they are charging you more for that you are unaware of?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ashley wrote:

Also, Bell's $90 plan give you 1 GB...?

Same plan : Unlimited talk and text. 1gb is $59 on Tab L plan with Koodo.
ashley wrote:

This is for NB and I see what your saying but I thought Koodo would be willing to do at least something considering the business I have given over the last seven years.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ashley wrote:

Bell is being tricky...
128GB iPhone 7 Plus is $678
Requires an $80 plan.

You're getting $429.99 with a $90 plan. $10 x 24 = $240. $429+$240=$669. So you're actually only saving $9 from the regular price they have, assuming they are even offering you the 128GB model.

Prices:
Bell:
$90 x 24 = $2160 + $429 = $2589 + $15 Connection + $10 Sim = $2614

Bell Promo:
$2605

Koodo:
$80 x 24 = $1920 + $680 = $2600

In the end, Koodo ends up being the cheapest so they are technically "matching" the "deal" you were given.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ashley wrote:

Bell is being tricky...
128GB iPhone 7 Plus is $678
Requires an $80 plan.

You're getting $429.99 with a $90 plan. $10 x 24 = $240. $429+$240=$669. So you're actually only saving $9 from the regular price they have, assuming they are even offering you the 128GB model.

Prices:
Bell:
$90 x 24 = $2160 + $429 = $2589 + $15 Connection + $10 Sim = $2614

Bell Promo:
$2605

Koodo:
$80 x 24 = $1920 + $680 = $2600

In the end, Koodo ends up being the cheapest so they are technically "matching" the "deal" you were given.
Userlevel 6
ashley wrote:

Traditionally, you'll get better deals on the big brands (Rogers/Bell/Telus) on bigger accounts (more users, more expensive phones, big data buckets). You'll get better deals with the subsidiaries (Fido/Virgin/Koodo) on fewer lines and/or cheaper or older phones. iPhone 7 is still new. Once September rolls in (and we're half-way there), you'll get better deals on iPhone 7. Unless you're going on a massive data plan, you'd likely be better off buying the phone at Apple store outright, then going with a BYOD (no tab) plan with any carrier, unless you wait for the phone to go down in price through carriers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ashley wrote:

Ashley,

This is what's great with these lower tiered carriers.  What you see is what you get.  They are already offering their best price up front without the need to negotiate.  They treat every customer like a long term customers and they all get the same great price.

If you want a carrier where they will "give you something" to stay, you need to go to one of the bigger carriers.  They are also more expensive so what they are giving you is an admission that their prices are inflated more, meaning they can shave a bit off
ashley wrote:

Ok thanks everyone appreciate all the feed back and responses.