Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LOST PHONE. Do i have to pay for a new one?

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Yes. If you lost your phone you have no recourse for any compensation.
do i have to pay the same price i paid before?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well, if the price hasn't changed you need to pay the full price of the phone minus your tab...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Um... yea. If you lost your laptop or tablet, do you have to pay for a new one?
Userlevel 7
Do you have homeowners or renters inaurance? You may want to look into filing a claim depending on your deductible
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have to disagree with the previous posters. You don't have to pay for a new phone. You can choose to pay for a new phone, but only if you want a new phone. If you choose not to have a new phone, you have no obligation to pay for one.
Userlevel 7
David wrote:

I have to disagree with the previous posters. You don't have to pay for a new phone. You c...

Hmmm, thats true. They can't make you buy a new phone. But make sure you mark your phone as lost in self serve. If someone finds it, they can use it and you'd be responsible for any charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

I have to disagree with the previous posters. You don't have to pay for a new phone. You c...

If I recall, you can mark it 'found' should it return to you, and thereby re-activate your plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you don't want a black spot on your credit history in the long run, you have to at least clear off your tab to be square with Koodo. Try finding yourself something more basic and cheaper to use for a few months to see if the original one resurfaces. You can't just say "tough luck" to your bank or auto lender if your uninsured car is stolen or wrecked.
Userlevel 4
I hope you reported it lost or had it blocked, that way, it's blacklisted and anyone that finds it can't use it!!