Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Live in one provice, but need a new phone sent to another

Hi there, I live in Saskatchewan. However I am going to be in Vancouver taking a course for a month, and need a new phone shipped out to me as this one is on the way out, and the phone that I want apparently is only availbable as an online order - iphone se 128g - is it possible to have a phone shipped to some place other than your home address?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
For fraud prevention reasons, Devices can only be shipped to your credit card billing address.

You could try going to retailers like Best Buy or some of the retail partners. They may have the phone available. Koodo direct is only online for that Model. You can call ahead to see.
Userlevel 3
Chad Burr wrote:

For fraud prevention reasons, Devices can only be shipped to your credit card billing address.

If that is how Koodo is trying to prevent fraud, good luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

As a business owner, I do see this as helping to eliminate a good chunk of the credit card fraud cases
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

As a customer, I find that it definitely helps avoid credit card fraud. If someone gets my credit card and Koodo insists on shipping to the billing address, at least the item comes to so I can return it and get my money back.
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

True, it is a safety blanket so that fraudsters can't easily get phones shipped to them at Koodo customers' expense.
Userlevel 6
By removing credit card pre-authorized payments, if you're paying nothing upfront for the device to be shipped out, then it becomes a non-issue. You can easily temporarily change your billing address with your credit card, as well.