Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Let me send pictures! I pay for it.

Since I turned off data my iphone will not allow me to send pictures, despite the fact I pay for text and picture messaging. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks.

14 replies

Sorry Casey , there is no way to send/receive picture while data is OFF , The only thing you can do is to turn off/on data when you need send/receive picture !
Userlevel 6
Unfortunately cellular data (3G, 4G, LTE) is required to send MMS so you'll have to turn it back on. To avoid data charges you can enable the feature while wifi is available, send you're message and then disable it again. If your plan includes unlimited SMS/MMS you'll not be charged for data for sending/receiving MMS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I understand your frustration, Casey, but unfortunately it is not something that Koodo can help... it is a limitation of the HSPA network itself. They don't do it to spite you, trust me 🙂 That said, I think some of the mobile masters know a system where you can enable data for MMS only... if I remember correctly but I'm not sure if that'd work with the iPhone.
Sophia wrote:

I understand your frustration, Casey, but unfortunately it is not something that Koodo can help.....

I have a nexus 5 is there any system I can use?
Userlevel 6
The people above me are too nice to you Casey. I would have told you to check your facts first before you lose it. 🙂
When my month runs out I am OUT OF KOODO I pay for the prepaid unlimited text and picture plan and have had no problems sending pictures before. Since I paid for this round I am no longer able to send pictures. I have not changed any settings and I have not changed my base plan. There is NO EXCUSE for this. Koodo offers unlimited text and picture and that's what I expect. You are losing a customer
Peggy Warrington wrote:

When my month runs out I am OUT OF KOODO I pay for the prepaid unlimited text and picture plan a...

So why don't you call in and get it troubleshooted?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peggy Warrington wrote:

When my month runs out I am OUT OF KOODO I pay for the prepaid unlimited text and picture plan a...

You can choose to leave Peggy, but you tell me on which provider you're getting unlimited worldwide text & picture messaging for $13.50. Most charge $15 PLUS a monthly service free. It might be worth your time (and money) to troubleshoot, rather than just leave in a huff 🙂 For the record I'm on prepaid too and I have no troubles, so it's probably something that can be rectified in your account/phone as well. You can call *611 and it'll be free. What's stopping you?
Userlevel 4
Peggy Warrington wrote:

There is a perfect excuse for this. It's technology and as such, it is known to fail from time to time. If you do not take the time to call and troubleshoot the issue, the complaint is invalid. It's like those that complain about the government and don't vote...
Userlevel 7
Peggy Warrington wrote:

I would highly recommend Sophia's advice. You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss Koodo because you expect it to work flawlessly without troubleshooting at times. These things can happen to anyone, for any type of reason. People, computers, computer programs aren't perfect. I assure you it will be worth it in the end!:)
Userlevel 3
Peggy Warrington wrote:

How would Koodo know if you're having issues if you dont report it?They can't see on their end of your having an issue if you don't call in. Before pointing fingers I'd suggest taking the initiative to seek help to rectify your issue. Based on what your stated you have made no attemp to call in. With that being said, you changing providers won't fix anything and honestly I think your decision has no logic behind it.
Peggy Warrington wrote:

it's not worldwide text, to send overseas it costs .10 a text I tried talking to a rep and he was no help at all
Userlevel 3
Peggy Warrington wrote:

It's not worldwide picture messaging. But, it's worldwide texting. Otherwise, yes it would be $0.10 a picture msg.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peggy Warrington wrote:

http://koodomobile.com/en/on/plansandboosters.shtml (2) Availability of service will vary by country and is subject to change without notice. Excludes premium messages and subscription-based messages. [i]Picture messaging includes international picture messages sent and received within Canada. Picture messaging is not supported by BlackBerry smartphones that are not on the BlackBerry 10 operating system. Koodo disagrees with you, Peggy and Rocky 😃 Peggy, how was the rep no help at all?