Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo sim doesn't work in iPhone, says I have no service

So, recently I bought this iphone kijiji, and I was sure that my sim card (koodo) would work in it, and I was hoping to take over my moms contracts. But there a problem I got a koodo micro sim card today, and it said i have no serivice and I dont really know what to do. Help as soon as possible.

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Telus iPhones can be used on Koodo and Koodo iPhones can be used on Telus without having to be unlocked. If your phone isn't working when you put your sim card in, then it would mean that is it locked to a carrier other than Telus or Koodo. The seller probably lied about who it was locked to
Userlevel 2
You should take it to wireless wave and get it checked, they carry most carrier demo SIMs
Is there anyway i can unlock my phone? What should I do? I am open to any suggestions.
Jenny wrote:

Is there anyway i can unlock my phone? What should I do? I am open to any suggestions.

Yup you can get your iPhone unlocked using remote unlocking method that will be available at any commercial vendors online like http://www.onlinegsmunlock.com/apple/rs16wp8 Once unlocked you can access with any carrier
Userlevel 7
Jenny wrote:

I hope she did that 7 months ago Wannahelp, please don't dig around in old threads to spam. Thanks.
Wireless wave? Where can i find that?
Userlevel 2
Jenny wrote:

If you are in edmonton, than I know one is in millwoods towncenter
Jenny wrote:

I live in London, so that is kinda far for me! I think i am going to return it.
Userlevel 2
Jenny wrote:

I found there is wirelesswave location in london too, you can google addresses
How much it is for proper way to unlock my iphone to koodo? OR do you think i should return the phone, and get my money back?
Userlevel 2
Jenny wrote:

How much it is for proper way to unlock my iphone to koodo? OR do you think i should return the p...

It depends if you are saving money even after unlocking, than you should go get it unlocked.
Userlevel 2
Jenny wrote:

How much it is for proper way to unlock my iphone to koodo? OR do you think i should return the p...

Iphone unlocking is anywhere between $50 - $79
Jenny wrote:

Omg that is soo much! I have a job, but I am going to school also. Uhm I think i will get my money back! But thank you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Jenny wrote:

I doubt the seller is going to give your money back and take the phone back
Jenny wrote:

I have this address, and my sister who has a bf for a cop is coming if i cant get my money back.
Userlevel 7
Jenny wrote:

Well, make sure your sisters bf doesn't do anything that could cost his job because in the end, the seller legally DOESN'T have to return anything to you and you would have to sue him/her in civil court
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jenny wrote:

Omg Lol
Userlevel 7
silly question but did you go online to your self serve account and move your service over to the new Sim? also check to be sure the iPhone isn't set to use only 2g networks as that's not supported by Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

silly question but did you go online to your self serve account and move your service over to the...

Great point Chad, that could save the seller a visit from the popo
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

silly question but did you go online to your self serve account and move your service over to the...

also what iPhone did you buy?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

KID, I would tell the "popo" to get off my property and shut the door on their faces
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

lol
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

From personal experience, they don't like being told what to do by civilians. After 2 times telling them to leave, they come back with friends
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

They just always come with friends to see me, last time they came to visit me there was 6 of them in 4 cruisers. Way too many of them for 1 person without a record.
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

pfft. Batman your way through it. Use that parkour stuff if your agile enough 😛