Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo Service FAILS AGAIN


NOT HAPPY, PISSED ACTUALLY...please help. I called and notified the payment in the full amount. I call, (of course after hours) to report it and all it has to say it, "there's been a pending payment notification request"...ughhh thats why I'm calling and paid the bill!!!!! Now I can't reactivate my phone. So annoyed with Koodo problems!

19 replies

Userlevel 6
I think what happened, based on the above that you notified them that you would pay the bill by ascertain date. It seems your payment didn't reach them on time as that is when they suspend the service. Otherwise people could just promise to pay and never do so.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Soooo... Call when they are open... Pay your bill earlier so it reaches Koodo on time.
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

Soooo... Call when they are open... Pay your bill earlier so it reaches Koodo on time.

Sometimes the simplest answers are the best :oP
Another option would be that you initiated this payment notification (ie. you paid the bill and it did not reach Koodo) and as a result they are looking into it for you. Another thing that you may want to do is set up pre authorized payments, so that it comes out of your bank account, or put on your credit card so you do not have to worry about paying the bill as it will always come out on time Also, so you know Koodo is open until 9pm M-F, and I believe they are open until 6pm Sat and |Sun (they may be open until 7 but I am not sure about this)
Userlevel 1
I find Koodo is just a little slower than other organizations to post a electronic banking payment to your account and also have noticed the selfserve "app" knows my balance a day or two before logging into selfserve with a computer does. With these things in mind and the bill almost always being the same to the penny I just set up my electronic banking to pay about 10 days before the bill even comes out. You say you are [b]"So annoyed with Koodo problems!" but this wouldn't be a Kooko problem at all. I'm not sure of their exact policies but I am sure they give you at least 3 days grace after the due date (and probably a lot more before actually suspending service). Koodo has to protect their interests and if they don't receive the payment by after the due date they certainly have no way of knowing they ever will. Just pay a couple of days in advance (or even on time like most people) and you will never have a problem like this again. I've seen it numerous times here where people are blaming Koodo because they didn't pay their bill on time.
Userlevel 2
Steve wrote:

I find Koodo is just a little slower than other organizations to post a electronic banking paymen...

Standard processing time for a bank payment is 3-5 business days. This is STANDARD for any service provider.
Userlevel 2
Why did Koodo fail because you didn't pay your bill on time? You called after hours and got annoyed because you couldn't reach a representative to notify them of your payment. I think a little personal accountability needs to take place here. It's nice to blame others, but maybe do so after looking in the mirror.
quasarito wrote:

Why did Koodo fail because you didn't pay your bill on time? You called after hours and got anno...

look in the mirror... like really?
Userlevel 6
Actually koodo gives you plenty of grace period. I have to believe it's based on your credit rating and on your payment history. I forgot to pay my bill for almost two months and wasn't cut off at all. Yes, I got the warnings online when I finally realized but that's standard. When I paid through their site, it was posted immediately.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The bottom line is that if you wait for your service to be suspended before paying you bill you can't really complain about koodo waiting to receive your payment before restoring your service.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The bottom line is that if you wait for your service to be suspended before paying you bill you c...

Service was not suspended. This issue was letting Koodo know about the payment, and the automated service was looping back and forth.
Userlevel 2
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The bottom line is that if you wait for your service to be suspended before paying you bill you c...

So if your service isn't going to be suspended, then there's no reason to report the payment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The bottom line is that if you wait for your service to be suspended before paying you bill you c...

And certainly no reason to be "PISSED" at Koodo because you are unable to do so.
obviously the point is not getting across to some people. I find Koodo's hours very short and find it difficult to make time to call them as well, and the way the billing cycles work is rediculous, when i was will bell they gave me like 3 months to pay my bills. people are busy. Yes, protect your assets Koodo, but if your customers aren't getting immediate service it's annoying.
Userlevel 7
GRR wrote:

obviously the point is not getting across to some people. I find Koodo's hours very short and fin...

Koodo's customer service hours are pretty much like normal business hours, give or take a few. They would need to pay more employees for more hours to accomodate extra time. I understand you're busy but we're not talking about hours here - it takes me like maybe 2 minutes to open the banking app on my phone, log in, and pay a bill. It's not an arduous task.
Userlevel 2
GRR wrote:

obviously the point is not getting across to some people. I find Koodo's hours very short and fin...

Koodo's hours short? 9 am - 9 pm, your local time, monday to friday, 10 am - 7 pm Satuday & Sunday. So unless you are working at those exact times every single day, I find it hard to believe that you cannot find a simple 5 minutes to call in and report a payment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo sends out monthly bill notifications roughly 20 days before the bill is due. If you pay when the notification comes there is no need to report the payment. The only reason to report a payment is if your payment is already late and may not post before your service is cut off. In addition, expecting your monthly bill to be paid every month is in no way unreasonable. Would you agree to work with an employer who would only commit to pay you sometime in the next 3 months?
Userlevel 2
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Koodo sends out monthly bill notifications roughly 20 days before the bill is due. If you pay wh...

I wouldn't mind work paying me a year in advanced 😛.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Koodo sends out monthly bill notifications roughly 20 days before the bill is due. If you pay wh...

Inconvenient personally (more work to budget), but certainly preferable to getting paid 3 nonths late.

Reply