Koodo Community

Community

Koodo Self-serve App v2.0

How about upgrading the current self-serve iPhone app to version 2.0 like TELUS' My Account app version. More details about the usage of data, messages, airtime, additional charges, etc. Then make it more usable. The current app always logs me out even if I already checked the "Remember Me" checkbox. And what about changing the current design and make it more plain since iOS 7 is coming this fall.

21 replies

Userlevel 2
How about also making a native Blackberry self serve app, a bit ridiculous that us BB10 users are stuck using a recycled and repackaged Android application when all other platforms get an application designed exclusively for their OS...
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

How about also making a native Blackberry self serve app, a bit ridiculous that us BB10 users are...

I guess, the steep decline of blackberry users mean that businesses don't spend a whack of money on it. There are barely any apps for blackberries anyways. Same reason. User base is tiny compared to other OS.
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

How about also making a native Blackberry self serve app, a bit ridiculous that us BB10 users are...

I get that, but at the same point in time, Koodo is a retailer of Blackberry, they should be providing a native self serve application experience, it's a different model then being an independent developer. Rogers/Telus/Virgin/Bell all offer a native self serve experience, most do so for Windows 8 as well. It's getting a bit much with Koodo always being the absolute last carrier to adopt or implement features/services/applications that are simply standard fare at other carriers...
mattjs wrote:

Why not make another thread instead of commenting here? This thread is iPhone-related.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

When iOS7 is actually released then they may make a change but doesn't seem like there's any point to do it before the update is actually released as things could change from the beta possibly in some way. Probably not great to keep your account logged in anyways since if you lose your phone someone will have straight access to your account.
mattjs wrote:

Have you seen the TELUS My Account app? They changed the over all design. From the version 1's design (like what Koodo have now), to more plain design. And it's a great app because it's more detailed for usages and additional charges are also there. And also, your point about losing phone is pointless. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

Can you tell me how it's pointless if someone can access your account and make changes to your account by it being logged in automatically? If anyone finds your phone they can add all the add on and then not only are you out the price of the phone but also all the add-ons they add to your account which is what another $100 or so on top of replacing the phone and any calls or data used above your alloted amounts. Personally I don't see why ppl care how the app looks as long as it works as its just to check your usage, you don't spend alot of time on the thing you in your out till you check again what the next week maybe.
Userlevel 5
It's probably coming soon. Previous updates hit the Telus app a few weeks before they hit the Koodo app. They've never been released at the same time.
Now that's what I'm looking for. I hope so. I just switched from TELUS to Koodo two days ago. That's why. Thanks!
Userlevel 5
Lee Palisoc wrote:

Now that's what I'm looking for. I hope so. I just switched from TELUS to Koodo two days ago. Tha...

Yeah I have no idea when (if) it's coming for sure, but there is precedent for it being late so I'm not worried... yet...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Folks, the updated version is slated to arrive sometime in September. We like to work out as many of the kinks as possible, that's part of the reason why we sometime launch these apps later. I hope that helps!
Userlevel 6
Bernard wrote:

Folks, the updated version is slated to arrive sometime in September. We like to work out as many...

Jeffrey: will the app finally work for prepaid customers too?
Userlevel 2
Bernard wrote:

Folks, the updated version is slated to arrive sometime in September. We like to work out as many...

Any word on a native BB10 app? /apologies for the thread hijack
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@TopperCNC our prepaid self serve is on a different backend platform than our monthly customers that's why we can't simply adapt the current app. We are also evaluating which path to take, the 'app' path or the 'mobile design' path where the desktop version would just automatically adjust to the various devices people are hooking in from. Also known as 'responsive design'. @mattjs No plan for native app for BB10. Partly, due to the same reason as explained above re the app or responsive design approach.
Userlevel 6
Bernard wrote:

Blackberry up for sale. 🙂 Need I say more? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

They're just privatizing it
Userlevel 6
Bernard wrote:

or sell it off for its parts. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

They're just taking control out of share holders hands. They are far from the point of selling it or piecing it off. Things should pick up now that the Android runtime is being updated to 4.2 Jelly Bean which will bring many more top apps to the platform. That and the 5" Z30 will be coming out soon which is the perfect device for the well thought out OS to run on to its full potential.
I'm on the 500 MB / 500 Minutes a month plan Koodo Self Serve App. Problem: Data & Airtime Minutes are not updating within the app. They both still read ZERO MB & Mins. respectively. In my case, I've used both Data and Airtime minutes (prior to 5 p.m.) thus there should be something showing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Usually it takes some time before the usages shows. It's not live!
I'll be more clear: The Data & Airtime Minutes have not updated at all. They have read ZERO and still read ZERO, from the day I installed the App, to this very moment. That's 3 days thus far. To be clear, I have used both Data and Airtime minutes each and every day, these past 3 days. Any explanation? Thanks.