Koodo Community

Community

Koodo Prepaid Call Forwarding...

Userlevel 1
Koodo indicates it supports call forwarding with Prepaid plans. My questions are . 1) Is this true 2) If so, does it only charge you the air minutes to transfer the call (ie approx 1 minute) or does it charge you minutes for the duration of the call?

Thx for any help. Cheers
Shawn

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If I recall from prior conversations, it is not implemented for prepaid, even though the website indicates it is. BobtheElectrician has commented on this in the past.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

If I recall from prior conversations, it is not implemented for prepaid, even though the website ...

The Call forwarding feature should work but uses your regular minutes
Userlevel 1
David wrote:

If I recall from prior conversations, it is not implemented for prepaid, even though the website ...

Here's what the site says:
  1. Voicemail and Call Forwarding use airtime. To retrieve Voicemail or use Call Forwarding on your Koodo phone, you must have sufficient anytime minutes in your account. Anytime minutes are charged by the minute and the airtime required to connect your calls is drawn from the included minutes.
"the airtime required to connect your calls is drawn from the included minutes.", I'm sure to most, it would seem you are only charged for connection time. The fact that Call Forwarding may not be supported and if it is, charges you for the duration of the call is very confusing/misleading. Koodo should clarify this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

It's been awhile since I tried it, but as I remember only direct forwarding works (*21), not any of the conditional options (like when not answering etc).

Don't know if this changed though, as I said it's been quite a while!
Userlevel 1
David wrote:

I guess I'll just need to try it tonight. Seems like an ambiguous area. Perhaps because it's not used much? No idea. If you can indeed forward calls for the cost of 1 minute of air time.... that will be fantastic. I will try over the weekend and provide an update to clarify this once and for all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Awesome, thanks Fred 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

On postpaid, you pay a per minute rate for the duration of the forwarded call. I don't see prepaid being different on that point. The term "connection of the call" would include the time the callers are connected. With call forwarding, the call is entirely managed through the network, not your phone, so in reality no "airtime" is involved.