Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo Phone Msg Says It Is Closed

Userlevel 3
It is 8:00 in BC and 11:00 in Ontario, yet each time for the past hour when I phone Koodo I get the "heads up we are closed" message. Why can't I activate my phones on line? I got an insert with my phones with instructions to do so, but that service seems to be withdrawn. Exactly how are we suppose to activate our phones if we can't reach Koodo by either phone or internet? Wow what a company! I am not directing this to the volunteers manning this forum, but I am pretty frustrated with Koodo right now.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Where are you located? Its 9am local time when they open each day.
Userlevel 3
Local time where? Usually a company says we are open 9am eastern time (or where ever they may be located). I got this same message calling last night from 8:00 onwards from BC. Hours are suppose to be 9am to 9pm. If it was BC time they should have been answering the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It should be where your number's local area is IIRC. Do you have a BC number? If so then that is odd they should have been answering.
Userlevel 3
The number on the card that the Sim was attached to is 1866 995 6636. No idea where that is located.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I meant your own phone number. Where it's local to. Say you got it in Toronto, for example, and you have a 647 area code, then  it outta go by that as your location to determine what 9-9 is for you.
I'm in ON, and have been trying to reach Koodo since 10:00a EDT. I've been on hold for 34 minutes, then called back and am hold for 44 minutes and counting. Maybe they are broken today?
Userlevel 3
I am in BC. Local area code 250. I am just calling the phone number provided by Koodo. Still can't get through. I now have no cell phone for a 3 hour trip to Vancouver - I am leaving in abt 1 hour.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Stuart, They could be overwhelmed at this time. You can always opt to use the call back feature so you don't wait on hold.

Laurel I'm sorry you'll have to keep trying and mention what happened when you get through to find out why it was telling you that they're not open. I'd try again in 17 minutes.
Goran wrote:

Stuart, They could be overwhelmed at this time. You can always opt to use the call back feature s...

Goran, good idea, but no callback feature was offered during the automated menu.

I just got through after 1 hour 35 minutes on hold (after 34 minutes on hold before). Phone support had no comment on this, didn't acknowledge that this is a problem, didn't offer an explanation of why it's so long.

Is the call center in the US? Skeleton staffing due to the USA Jul 4 holiday would explain this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Stuart, They could be overwhelmed at this time. You can always opt to use the call back feature s...

Call centres are located in various locations, both within Canada and abroad. Wait times are long because the volume of calls is higher than the current level of staff is able to handle. The reason for the higher volume is likely that most customers assumed that koodo was closed over the long weekend and are all calling in today. Also remember that while you may have been waiting in queue for 90 minutes, the agent you get through to has not been sitting twiddling their thumbs. They have been on the phone continuously for that entire time, helping multiple customers as quickly as possible, with no more than a few seconds gap between calls. They are well aware that they are swamped, but it is beyond their control to do anything about staffing levels. It is beyond their managers control to do anything about staffing levels. It is likely beyond the control of anyone at their call centre to do anything about staffing levels, which are typically set by a completely separate department which determines staff requirements based on predicted volume. Sometimes they get it wrong.
Userlevel 3
Thanks for trying.