Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo not reseting my phone usage

I pay for a monthly phone service, (500mb and 500 minutes), and the quality is fine, however, it doesn't reset monthly. It's been a few months, and I would call in later, but my usages aren't changing.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Are you looking at the usage in the phone itself? Like in the settings? For some reason, the iPhone doesn't show "actual" monthly usage. For example: I've had my phone about a year now it says I have 7.9 gb of usage in the "Current Period" Silly right!?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or are you talking about Usages on Self serve?
Oh, my. I guess that's why I'm a noob! I was looking at the phone usage. I thought the "Current Period" meant my month, or my usage for that month!
Userlevel 5
Eric wrote:

Oh, my. I guess that's why I'm a noob! I was looking at the phone usage. I thought the "Current P...

Hey don't beat up on yourself. You're not the only one to think that. Including myself when I got my first iPhone.
Eric wrote:

Oh, my. I guess that's why I'm a noob! I was looking at the phone usage. I thought the "Current P...

Well, thanks for the solution, I suppose!
Userlevel 6
Eric wrote:

So what does current period mean then? Is it from the beginning of time until one resets it?
Userlevel 5
Eric wrote:

On the phone? Ive actually never tried resetting it but I'm sure it's possible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Eric wrote:

At the bottom of the Settings > Cellular page is the option to 'Reset Statistics'. This will reset your periodic usage to zero. I reset this before travelling out of the country, so I can keep an eye on my usage whether I go a day, week or more. You could also reset it each month if you wish. I use far less data than my plan allows most months and I don't worry about resetting it.
Userlevel 3
Eric wrote:

I reset my plan once a month on the evening before the plan rolls over. I like to have my own measure of how much data I use. I've found Koodo pretty fair as their numbers usually line up with what I have. With Telus they like to use the 1000 vs 1024 so I end up loosing almost 350MB a month compared to the advertised limit. Well, I guess I'll call that a.win towards Koodo.