Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo Newbie - help!

Hello, I've recently come to the end of my 3-year contract and looking to get a new phone (iPhone) and plan, but won't be in the country for more than a year and don't want to sign another contract. I'm trying to figure out how Koodo works and what plan might be best for me, but I have no idea where to start - any advice/recommendations would be much appreciated! For instance, is it better to do a prepaid plan, or a monthly plan? Are there any discounts for buying the actual phone device through Koodo v. buying it elsewhere (given I'll likely be out of the country in a year, I'd need to get the phone unlocked, so something else to consider)? Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
To pick the best plan for you depends on how you want to use your phone. Do you need Data? How much do you use per month? Do you need a lot of talk minutes or you use text most of the time? Phone - You can check for it at the Koodo store, retail stores (some stores might have a.gift card promo). You said you want to get an iphone but Nexus 4 comes factory unlocked so it might be something to consider ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo doesn't have contracts. You can get a monthly plan or prepaid, it all depends on which fits your requirements. For prepaid you have to buy a Koodo phone outright or bring an unlocked phone to use prepaid. For monthly if you bring your own phone or buy the phone outright you would qualify for 10% off your monthly plan