Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo blocked 3 of my phones!

First phone I had was a Fido phone that I lent out to some friends who I shouldn't have done in the first place. Turns out they were doing some fraud activity. Okay that's fine, you can have that phone blocked. I cancelled my account as well due to the service I received from Koodo. Now I didn't even receive my first bill yet and they proceeded to block my friend's iPhone 7 Plus that I used to test the Koodo SIM as I first thought that was the issue. Not only that but they also blocked and blacklisted the iPhone 6 I got on tab with Koodo. I was going to pay the bill when I received it which would include $240 tab charge and few days of service. I paid $120 in store so it's not like I was doing fraud myself. I would've kept using Koodo if they given me better service. Very unsatisfied with how you treated me as this is totally unacceptable. You could've called me about why this happened since you had my alternative number. 

6 replies

Blocked as in you can't use it on Telus/Koodo service. You are able to use it on other carriers, but not on T/K. It's different from blacklist as that will affect all carriers. Customer service is closed so I'm going to call them tomorrow morning.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan Wong wrote:

Blocked as in you can't use it on Telus/Koodo service. You are able to use it on other carriers, ...

If your account is suspended due to fraud, there is no point calling Jonathan. We won't be able to tell you a single thing, except that it's under investigation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan Wong wrote:

Blocked as in you can't use it on Telus/Koodo service. You are able to use it on other carriers, ...

Either. Until it's determined the outcome is the same. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan Wong wrote:

Quite possibly. Can't comment anything else. 
Userlevel 6
You will have to contact Koodo directly and verify your identity. For privacy and security reasons, Bernard cannot give any info here.

I know it's frustrating, but fraud is a serious matter. They will investigate accordingly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Roar wrote:

Okay, well, I told OP to call customer service. Bernard says don't call us. Here is some inf...

I think the OP got plenty of advice by now.