Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo and iPhone unlocked from overseas: problem with contacts and country codes.

I brought my iPhone 4 to Koodo, which I bought and used for years in Spain. Now sometimes when I call a saved mobile contact, a spanish number, the phone does not automatically add the country code prefix (+34, or 011-34). I think some text messages are failing to get sent for the same reason. Do I have to edit all my contacts to manually add the country code?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes you do.
Userlevel 2
Yes, you will need to edit all your international contacts with the country code to indicate that the number is outside of North America.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I make sure I all all the country and area code prefixes in my for All my contacts for that reason on my iPhone 4
Thanks to all for replying. I found an app that can help somewhat with the problem called International Contacts Editor. Flawed, but free; if anyone has a lot of phone numbers stored on their iPhone, without country code, and finds themselves in my situation, it lets you easily add "+xx" (where xx is the country code of all those contacts) relatively quickly and easily.
how to unlock iPhone4, who to contact. i am in Croatia now. on vacation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mario Ruzic wrote:

how to unlock iPhone4, who to contact. i am in Croatia now. on vacation.

http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-if-i-am-eligible-to-get-my-koodo-phone-unlocked