Koodo Community

Community

Koodo *611 Customer Services

When verifying customers that call into Koodo for help, why all the security?
If you have to verify all my three pieces of data, that you say are on the account, yet cannot seem to inderstand I do not want to provide all my details.....

Use your heads and ask for the first or last 4-6 digits for verification. There has to be some way to verify who you are speaking with, rather than follow the war on isis and airport patdown just to either find out how much you owe, or see if you qualify for a new phone etc etc.

If you really wanted to help customers, treat them like valuable resources and do not dismiss their requests.

If a child wants to change a plan on a parents phone, have them provide all the partial numbers and THEN send the parent an email to verify the changes to account. Not everyone has the memory to recall all the range of security passwords.

I also suggest you use a random number of questions that your customers can verify, and only they can verify, from which you select three questions.
E.G. What was the make of your first vehicle?
What was the name of your first pet?

Think outside the box and no matter what, always forward customers to a manager if they request it. It is frustrating to speak to another non-native speaker from another country who does not seem to get the idea of how much money has been spent on the account.

Recently I said you know you are speaking to the account holder as I can go down tomorrow morning and cancel this account for good. Now can I please speak to your supervisor?

It really does not have to be so complicated.

Frustrated customer.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe because of errors such as this?

Userlevel 7
All the information you were looking for was available through self serve. Verification there only requires you enter your username and password.
Chad Burr wrote:

All the information you were looking for was available through self serve. Verification there onl...

When you do not have internet access it is nice to just call and speak to a person.
Such a dumb comment as ot's obvious you must be a company guy and not a true customer that is interested in connecting by telephone to customer service.

Get a grip, this in not about internet access!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

All the information you were looking for was available through self serve. Verification there onl...

You're correct. Just know that if you call Koodo for a simpler thing though(like changing a plan) you will get a $10 charge it as it is something that can be done via self serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

You would also have chosen a 4-6 digit pin number when you signed up with koodo. Just remember that and you don't need ANY other security questions.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

How did you get here without Internet access?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Greg, believe it or not, none of the responders on your post are company employees at all. Just customer like you. I'm an employee. I'll be the first one to admit traditional phone support is not our strong suit. We never built Koodo that way. We always think with online tools in mind (this Forum, self-serve etc.) where customer can help themselves. You are right that this may mean we are missing out on customers with no internet access. And that's perfectly fine. I would not suggest anyone joining us if they don't have access to our online support. It will not be a good match. We will continue to create new, innovative ways to help customer help themselves. Our long term thinking may even, at some point include, even less access to traditional phone support. That is what folks we market to are looking for. I hope this explains things a little more. 
Userlevel 1
I called in one day and entered my pin number. But guess what rep on phone asks me again for pin and told me i had to
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chris wrote:

I called in one day and entered my pin number. But guess what rep on phone asks me again for pin ...

Still meant you did not have to provide all the other identifying information.

chris wrote:

I called in one day and entered my pin number. But guess what rep on phone asks me again for pin ...

E-bill payment cstemer self service
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chris wrote:

What exactly is the problem you are having? You can pay your bill in with any of the ways listed here: https://www.koodomobile.com/help/payi...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chris wrote:

@Alemayehu
If you mean you are not receiving your Augst bill. then they are working on it. And you should receive it within a few days.

If your question is something different, please use this link to post your question.
We need more info to help you.
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new