Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Issues with adding SIM

I recently bought a microSIM for a new iPhone 4S that was purchsed from a friend. We have multiple phones on the same account w/ Koodo. Instead of adding the SIM to my dad's phone, I accidentally added it to my mom's. To undo this, I re-added my mom's old SIM to her account. That went through smoothly. However, while trying add to new microSIM to my dad's phone, its says its "already in service". This is not the case. What shall I do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Once you activated your new micro sim under your mom's account, it belongs to her account now. You will need to buy another sim card to activate under your dad's phone.
Even if they are under the same account (but different numbers?)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes. Sim card contains your number, plan ...etc. So you can't use one sim card on the different phone number.
Ok thanks! Edit: sorry for the excessive questions, but if my mom were to buy an iphone in the near future, how many days is this microsim valid?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Varsha Jayasankar wrote:

Ok thanks! Edit: sorry for the excessive questions, but if my mom were to buy an iphone in the...

90 days 🙂 Add: I missed this great post 😃 http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/when-swapping-sims-on-self-serve-give-notice-that-their-previous-sim-will-expire-within-90-days-if-not-activated