Koodo Community

Community

Question

Is usage of data taking my minutes even if I'm not phoning

My phone is a 5S and I was wondering if using data, like texting and playing games on my phone without wifi takes my minutes ( I have a 100 minutes per month) even if I'm not phoning anybody????

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No. Data and minutes are completely separate buckets.
David wrote:

Because I got a text from Koodo saying that I've already used 50% of my minutes even though I haven't phoned anyone, how is that possible???
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Are you sure? Koodo does not track minutes for notifications, rather you are expected to view your usage on your phone, or through the Self Serve portal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Yes, what does that mean, how do I save my data????
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

It means youve used 50% of your data. To save data you can restrict which apps can use data or just turn it off when you aren't using it.
David wrote:

How do I turn it off and how do I restrict apps from using it???
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

This page will tell you everything you need to know: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.imore.com/how-turn-cellular-data-specific-apps-iphone%3famp
David wrote:

So does that mean I don't have unlimited data, and that I only have 100 minutes per month???
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Koodo doesn't have unlimited data on any plan. If you login to selfserve and click view my rate plan you can see what you have for minutes and data.